d16a6 with electric speed sensor ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jaime civic

does any body know if its posible to put an electric speed sensor on a d16a6.

ahhvtec how would u go about doing that? my brother in law wanna run a integra xsi cluster that has a electronic vss hookup and eliminate the cable.

just get a 92+ civic vss and the run the wires to the proper locations on the cluster

how does the electronic vss run into the tranny? i know on the cable there is a little plate that holds the cable in. is there a certain way to put it into the tranny bc when i changed the clutch it worked fine and when i put the cable back in the speedo didn't work after that.

it goes in just like the cable one, both of them the ends will be the same one just has a cable the other dont

The actual VSS unit is held in with one bolt(has the gear attached to it). Just take out the cable unit and swap in the electric one.

what if i use the cable one? i am pretty sure it was seated all the way in, i placed the small plate that locks it in and screwed it down. the cable is in the sensor firmly, but no speedo.

yeah that's what i'm gonna check when we do the obd0 b16a swap. i think he might run a integra cluster so i'll check it when we do that. thanks. sorry if i thread jacked. >_<

Back