1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d16a6 with shaved head on race gas

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by caboose, May 2, 2009.

1. caboose

caboose USDM to the bone

A couple of weeks ago I ran my circle track car into the wall pretty good and tweaked the frame to the point that the front of the frame horn is touching the front tire :eek:.... so now I am in the market for something new. I have been kicking around the idea of looking for a CRX to use as my next car because they are so light.

I was just wondering, since I would like to do this on the cheap, how much more power would I see by shaving the head and running race gas at the track?

Also how much of a difference would I see between a d15 and the d16?

Lastly... would anyone happen to have a very junky/parts car crx that runs that they would be interested in letting go off? I'm looking for somthing in the $500 range.

Thanks

2. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

D16 will have a tiny bit more torque. Shaving the head all depends on final compression. You'll gain a few hp.. Not much.

If you do this with a CRX, please do it with a beater.

If there are no rules in the circle track.. Get a short ram with a giant filter and a side exit header. Should net you some good power on the cheap.

3. ibdalovely1

ibdalovely1 New Member

ive got a crx si shell its a beater dayton ohio its mostly striped no harness motor interior ive got the fenders but no hood pics in the my for sale link i would give it to someone bring your own tires 2

4. caboose

caboose USDM to the bone

Oh, trust me, I'm not looking to take a good CRX off the road. What I'm looking for is one that has been wrecked or rusted and degraded beyond repair. I thought that my CRX was too nice for this, and it was worth about $1000 when I sold it, lol.

I just wondered about the shaved head, because a couple of the other cars on the track just rip and I was pretty sure that's what they were doing. The only think that we can change on the engine is to run 2" exhaust.

Would a port/polish wake these things up at all?

5. caboose

caboose USDM to the bone

That's pretty much the car that I'm looking for, but unfortunately I don't have a motor :(.

6. ibdalovely1

ibdalovely1 New Member

i got a motor to
    its out of a 92 15b? non vtec
    it smoked when you started it for a while but ran it prob needs rebuilt its got dual point
    but just the motor no trans
    and i got a a6 head i pulled out of the rex to put the block into my civic for a minime you can have it all 100 come get it

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted