d16y5 bogging bad

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

byebyebaby

Byaaah!
ok as it says my y5 that i have swapped in my 91 dx hatch has a bad bogging problem around 900-2000 rpms and also has more power when i go 1/4-1/2 throttle than full throttle.the plugs are new, the cap and rotor are new.the wires are a lil old but they worked perfect b4 i did the swap.also i posted this in thec forums but got no response but when i hit the brakes my door ajar light in the cluster comes on and the seatbelt light flashes even though its on. again this all worked fiune b4 the swap.

i just replaced that no more than 500 miles ago.also does anyone have any ideas about the door light and the seat belt light?that shits driving me crazy lol

this might sound stupid so dont laugh lol but would my valves that need to be adjusted badly cause the bogging and hesitation?i say yes but my friend says no and says its ju7st cuz the y5 sucks

i fixed it. i had the aem adjustable cam gear on the head and i had it set at zero thinking it shouldnt need to be retarded/advanced but i retarded it just for shits and giggles and it fixed all of my problems

Back