d16y7`s

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

boboboone

ok im new to the web site but always reading threads but never finding anything i need soo here it is im have a 97 civic coupe and love speed, yeah me and everyone other importer would like these gsr`s and b16`s,18`s and k20`s but lets face it im not rich enough for all that i just want to have fun and be faster than these other pretty much stock rides around my town, i have ah the y7 NON-VTECH (BLOWS) and have it all took apart and yes i lil a good bit about motor and what knot i read and ass load of shit, i know i can go vtech and all but with a sohc dont think its worth it soo not tryin to go all crazy but what can i do to my motor to get some pullege, i would mind keeping most stock parts... im haveing my head geting machine rite now bc my timeing jumped and bent some vavles, that being said i have stage 3 clutch and short throw cold air intake, exhaust headers back thats it.....i have decided to get dual vavle springs better cam and bigger vavles adjus cam gear and underdrive pulley`s ... i wanna do the port and polish and maybe 3 angle job but for that dont i need the pistons too if so that out the question .. soo port and polish with adjus cam gear and underdrive pulley`s .. should i do the block guard and bore the block a lil and when i do that cant i just get the rings to match? and what about sleeves?.. diff intake side draft cus i have the down draft one.. msd box with better wires and fuel regulator better injector and fuel rail ... thats i know of i dont know any specs i need bc i know they have to be able to work together cause it would be point to do all this and its be crapper the stock please help me everyone get every once of power and tq out the d-series.. and ps i want all motor no turbo or no2 cus that would just cost more in every way thanks guys get back to ya...

kinda a waste to do on that head. i woulda gone to the junk yard and found a wrecked 96-2000 civic EX. grab the head and the ECU and then do your mods. youre kinda committed now.

you can bore the block, and sleeves are a waste on a NA build (unless you have an H22/H23) underdrive pully hurts more than it helps. the cam gears wont be effective unless you have a good tuning platform (meaning convert to OBD1 and use a P28) this is just silly. the honda fuel rail is usually good to 600-700 HP. U get pretty good wires cap and rotor OEM. if you need to replace something on your ignition, go NGK (plugs and Wires) YOU will not need anything better than the normal honda ignition. if you destroke the engine you might want something that will handly 9-10k, but thats not gonna be an issue. FPR MIGHT be benifitial since you upgraded your head. This thread makes my brain hurt.

oh and its VTEC and N20

soo u say get a 96 & up head and ecu, to hell with the cam gear and pully thoughts
bore the block.. i know what u mean by destroke but not when u say i need somthing that can handly 9-10k(guess 9-10k means rpms) ... whats fpr, sorry dude for the headache and im sloww lol and yeah i know i spell those wronge it was late night but anyhow thats all im prolly gunna do.. oh yeah a block guard wont do crap rite.. i thinkin on doin it bc i realy want nos

Back