D16Y7 to D16Y8

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I am buying a D16Y7 to put in my 2000 civic ex. it had a D16Y8 that unfortunitley got fried and ive been in a bind for about a month and a half and finally have the money to replace my engine. sadly i cannot afford a direct replacement but my question is other than finding an automatic D16Y7 ecu (still in the process of locating) what other wiring/electronic compnents would i need to buy?

the engine is at: http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30023

please nothing critizing my choice or what swaps i should consider id like just straight advice as i need a car as soon as possible

Is there anything wrong with your Y8 head? For the price of an ecu, you could just get a new headgasket and put the Y8 head on the Y7 block, giving you a mini-me, the best combo of the parts you have.

If that's not an option, then just make sure you get an OBD2b ecu, I can't think of anything else you would need.

How much are you paying for youre D16y7? Theres a website called JapanGeneralMotor and they have a complete D16y8 swap for 1400.

Back