d16y7 with y8 head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Shook one

i just got my new 97 cx-g hatchback civic with 83k miles on it. I will probably do a mini me swap with a rebuilt y8 head. i got a complete tutorial from jdmuniverse.com (***D16 Mini Me Swap Write Up*** - JDM Universe.com) and the guy says that he used the d16y8 fuel rail, so i was wondering if i could use my d16y7 fuel rail instead of buyin a new y8 fuel rail. he also said that he used a p28 ecu because it is obd 1 and its easier to program. but can i use a p2p instead because i dont want to make the odb1 conversion. also, i will probably change my cam shaft but i don't really know which one i should buy(from which company, what stage i should use, etc). i would like to know also i the vtec distributor is the same thing than the vtec solenoid ?
Thanks in advance ! :D

-You can use the P2P ECU as long as it is OBD2A and for a 5 speed if your car is a 5 speed or auto if you are auto.
-Distributor and VTEC solenoid are different things ,but if you get an OBD2A P2P ECU you can just use the Y7 distributor with it.
-I don't know if the fuel rails are different, but I know you definitely need Y8 injectors.

ok thanks, but I would also need some information about camshafts.. I don't really know what is the difference between stage 1 stage 2 and 3.. i know it as something to do with rpms but i don't really know.. thanks

Back