1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d16y7 with y8 head

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by Shook one, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Shook one

Shook one New Member

i just got my new 97 cx-g hatchback civic with 83k miles on it. I will probably do a mini me swap with a rebuilt y8 head. i got a complete tutorial from jdmuniverse.com (***D16 Mini Me Swap Write Up*** - JDM Universe.com) and the guy says that he used the d16y8 fuel rail, so i was wondering if i could use my d16y7 fuel rail instead of buyin a new y8 fuel rail. he also said that he used a p28 ecu because it is obd 1 and its easier to program. but can i use a p2p instead because i dont want to make the odb1 conversion. also, i will probably change my cam shaft but i don't really know which one i should buy(from which company, what stage i should use, etc). i would like to know also i the vtec distributor is the same thing than the vtec solenoid ?
    Thanks in advance ! :D

2. tabKola

tabKola New Member

-You can use the P2P ECU as long as it is OBD2A and for a 5 speed if your car is a 5 speed or auto if you are auto.
    -Distributor and VTEC solenoid are different things ,but if you get an OBD2A P2P ECU you can just use the Y7 distributor with it.
    -I don't know if the fuel rails are different, but I know you definitely need Y8 injectors.

3. Shook one

Shook one New Member

ok thanks, but I would also need some information about camshafts.. I don't really know what is the difference between stage 1 stage 2 and 3.. i know it as something to do with rpms but i don't really know.. thanks

4. Shook one

Shook one New Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted