1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D16y7 y8 build

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by Delsol1738, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Delsol1738

Delsol1738 New Member

I have a 95 dealsol si with p28 obd1 ecu and harness for a z6 with a y7 bottom end and y8 head with z6 intake and throttle body an a d15b7 distributer with z6 internals my question is why am I not getting spark all grounds are hooked up an everything should work any suggestions??

2. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

Hey man Welcome to HONDASWAP ! Generally id say to start off with a build thread of your car with pictures of it and the engine and things done to it etc. but ok you are having a problem and slow down there cowboy sounds like a big collaboration of stuff going on there did you just have a bunch of misc stuff laying around and go fack it ? lol anyways your problem long as assembled correctly probably isnt the engine , could be anything from a bad dist to a still a bad ground or in wiring or a fuse even the car would have to be looked at in all honesty , and btw with the collaboration of stuff you put together if read correctly its pretty much still a z6, the block and head castings are the same

3. Delsol1738

Delsol1738 New Member

Car ran fine befor this swap and no I didn't just say fack it lol it was planned not vary well but thanks will look into it more

4. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

by fack it I ment you threw a random block. bottom end. head. and intake together lol not knocking it

5. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

It could be something simple as a a bad coil, you need a z6 dist though soo the bolts line up

6. Delsol1738

Delsol1738 New Member

Z6 dizzy doesn't bolt up patterns are different

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted