D16Y8 complete engine needed ASAP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDM92Lude

Banned
Hey all, i am on the hunt for a D16Y8 for my friends civic, hers is taking a shit and about to blow, if anybody could help me with this, i need the motor ASAP so she can have a car again, let me know everybody, and look forward to hearing from some of you soon...Thanks, Andrew

what oil issues need to be addressed with the d16y8? my friend's took a crap also and i've been reading other stories about oil pump issues. take this into consideration before you dump another d16y8 into the civic. :)

my bros thru a rod last friday, fucked the valves up a bit to...but the hole in the block is spectacular...

Im looking for the same engine...thread gacking ftw. ;)

but seriously, should i put another engine in there other than the y8???

it has no oils issues and i dont recall mentioning that....anyway, i beleive she either threw a rod or bent or dropped a valve....its got a really loud knock in it and has no power to it at all, i have ripped it apart yet to check it thoroughly but i am about too....also my buddy has a d16Y7 laying around that wont run, u think thats the oil pump in that? theres no knocking, it jus wont fire....let me know

what i was saying about the oil problem is that you are one of several examples of people with d16y8 problems - all i've read are having blown engines. someone who knows more than i might have a suggestion so the replacement d16y8 will not be subject to leaving your friend without a car. does that make sense? i wasn't trying to thread jack or whatever but simply saying there is an issue with the d16y8 that needs to be addressed. :)

yes i agree, because this is the second d16y8 i kno of thats either blown or is about to, anyway that kind of made sense to me but also not at all...haha, wirte me back man, let me know....

Back