1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D16Y8 complete engine needed ASAP

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by JDM92Lude, Nov 23, 2007.

1. JDM92Lude

JDM92Lude Banned

Hey all, i am on the hunt for a D16Y8 for my friends civic, hers is taking a shit and about to blow, if anybody could help me with this, i need the motor ASAP so she can have a car again, let me know everybody, and look forward to hearing from some of you soon...Thanks, Andrew

2. charleskwinter

charleskwinter ignore

what oil issues need to be addressed with the d16y8? my friend's took a crap also and i've been reading other stories about oil pump issues. take this into consideration before you dump another d16y8 into the civic. :)

3. igotnothin

igotnothin New Member

my bros thru a rod last friday, fucked the valves up a bit to...but the hole in the block is spectacular...

Im looking for the same engine...thread gacking ftw. ;)

but seriously, should i put another engine in there other than the y8???

4. JDM92Lude

JDM92Lude Banned

it has no oils issues and i dont recall mentioning that....anyway, i beleive she either threw a rod or bent or dropped a valve....its got a really loud knock in it and has no power to it at all, i have ripped it apart yet to check it thoroughly but i am about too....also my buddy has a d16Y7 laying around that wont run, u think thats the oil pump in that? theres no knocking, it jus wont fire....let me know

5. JDM92Lude

JDM92Lude Banned

ok not necessarily "threw the rod", more along the lines of snapped it...

6. charleskwinter

charleskwinter ignore

what i was saying about the oil problem is that you are one of several examples of people with d16y8 problems - all i've read are having blown engines. someone who knows more than i might have a suggestion so the replacement d16y8 will not be subject to leaving your friend without a car. does that make sense? i wasn't trying to thread jack or whatever but simply saying there is an issue with the d16y8 that needs to be addressed. :)

7. JDM92Lude

JDM92Lude Banned

yes i agree, because this is the second d16y8 i kno of thats either blown or is about to, anyway that kind of made sense to me but also not at all...haha, wirte me back man, let me know....

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted