1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D16y8 Compression

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by spydy43, Jun 15, 2004.

1. spydy43

spydy43 Senior Member

Right now I am having my motor rebuilt it is a D16Y8, I was wondering if anyone can give me some information on what compression I should run. I plan on boosting the motor and want 190+whp. I want the car to be a reliable daily driver with a lot of extra power and if I ever pull the turbo off I dont want the motor to run like shit. If anyone has any other ideas of what to do to the motor that will help my cause let me know.

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Stay with stock compression- around 9.0:1 to 9.5:1 and you'll be fine.

3. spydy43

spydy43 Senior Member

What else should I have done to the motor block and/or head to build it up for this setup?

4. Arachnid

Arachnid Senior Member

stock cams(turbo camshaft and gear if prefered), p&p, port matched, aftermarket tb(bbk), choose between jg or skunk2 IM(both are good for d16y8 turbo), 8.5 flywheel, new clutch (act), hondata, 2.5 exhaust system, 15 by 7 tires, and your turbo set-up...this setup should give you a good amount of hp.

5. Arachnid

Arachnid Senior Member

most people go aroun 9.0-9.5 with around 7 psi boost . pistons, rods, balanced crank, water and oil gauges, rings will die out if stock so get new ones (aftermarket if prefered).

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted