d16y8 in 89 CRX throwing a code 14

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tdaddylove

What up! I have a 89 CRX si and i put a 98 D16y8 manual motor in it. everything is good to go, but i have a code 14 on my pg7 ecu. I kept everything all obd0 and everything seems to work fine but that code. I used the service manual and traced the problem back to the ecu. Now before i go buying another ecu, does anyone know of anything that might save me here. Anyone ever have just one code never go away like this? The car does run, but i have to keep giving it gas or it will stall. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

Okay well someone told me that it could be because the idle is messed up. SOmething that if the car tries to idle to high that the computer will try to correct it but if its too high it will throw a code 14. The car does idle around 1200 rpms. The car should also idle with the IAVC unplugged and it just dies out when i unplug it. So i'm gonna mess around with my vacuum lines and play with the idle adjusting screw and see whats up.

Back