D16Y8 into a 93 Del Sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cws13

Oddly enough, I have never swapped a 1.6 SOHC into another year of dissimilar civic. I have my D16Y8 out of my 98 EX that I am about to pull for a swap. I also have an auto 93 Sol with the D16z6 that was blown, which I purchased just to drop in another motor and sell. Will the Y8 bolt up O.K, ECU?, manifold changes. I'll need to use the 93 ECU because the Sol is Auto and the D16Y8 is manual. I'd rather not buy a used Z6 since I already have this one- but if too much BS is involved than I'll order the correct motor because I don't have the time to screw with it, no pleasure-just business, and I'll be turning a profit either way.

Oh no, the Sol is staying Auto, I am just pulling the motor out of the EX to bolt to the 93 Sol Auto tranny. I just need this thing to be going again so I can sell it, no performance desires.

The auto to manual conversion isn't really that bad. Hey would you happen to have the manual ECU i'll buy it from you.
Mark

to answer your question...

you will want to use the longblock from the 98, and the engine harness from the blown motor. you'll have to use the obd1 injectors, obd1 wiring harness and possibly the alternator although you'll have to see if it plugs in. you'll have to keep the obd1 distributor as well.

Thanks, like I said, both engines are still in their respective cars so it's impossible to tell what gremlins may arise. This about what I figured would be entailed, compatability of the distributor and Alt were my main concerns.

And, yes- that ECU will be for sale soon. PM me if interested.

Back