d16y8 obd1 into 90 civic hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

josh_crewdson@y

First off I know I need to perform the dpfi to mpfi swap, but what about the iacv how do i wire it up on the back of the y8 mani? what would i have to do to run the y8 with a p28 ecu? could I just get a z6 cam gear, or would I need to get a z6 cam also? is the slot for the dizzy on the end of the cam in the same position so that i would be able to use the y8 cam and just change the gear to correct my timing?

if anyone can answer these questions it'd be greatly appreciated.

Non IACV is on the intake manifold. You don't need to swap anything to use the P28 with the Y8 engine. You will need an OBD1/2 dseries distributor (with exception of the D16Z6/D15B VTEC/D15Z1 as they won't bolt up correctly). You'll need to wire up the VTEC solenoid, VTEC pressure switch, 3 additional wires for the O2, use the injectors with the Y8 but solder on the OBD2 injector plugs, wire the fan switch from the back of the block to the thermostat housing. You'll want an OBD0-1 ECU adapter as well as the OBD0-1/2 distributor adapter.

iacv.jpg

Back