d16y8 to d16z6 obd2 and obd1 probelm?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

poloboy4

ok i have a d16y8 vtec with a blown motor... now i have took it out and have been swapping out with a d16z6 single vtec i want to keep it obd2 but what do i need to do? so far i have swapped out the alternator power steering pump slave cylinder because it was mission it and that motor bracket behind the timing belt cover on both cars so i can use my old mounts. please help!:confused:

What the dizzy dose not plug in it's diffrent

uhh help please? i found out wich wire it was if i wire it up my self will the car start with out the engine speed cable for the dizzy? and will i need to add a crank sensor? eveything electronic got changed to obd2 on the block. i had a crank sensor code on the d16y8 but it ran just fine.?

hey thats the same problem im having i droped a d16z6 on my 98 honda i have and obd2 wiring harness with a jumper to a p28 ecu everything matches except my distributor ... what can i do there please some one answer to my problem

go to rywire.com they have them there hopefully what u need. i got a obd2 to obd1 dizzy plug from there being shipped atm!

no problem man good luck and tell me how it goes you should email the guy today or as soon as u can to make sure you ordered the right one i almost got the wrong one sent out to me!

Back