d16y8 turbo biuld!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

99civiclx

hey guys im new here, i just got a d16y8 motor for 40$, the guy said it had loss of compression in one cylander, i took it apart and the bore doesnt seem to bad, everything is stock, i want to biuld this for a turbo setup, I have a 99 civic lx with a d16y7 in it, and i figured i will swap it out and have the d16y8 built all up. i need recommendations on pistons, valves, rods, camshaft, and i want to clean it up nice, is it safe to sandblast the engine? any responses will greatly be appreciated

best way to clean an aluminum block up is just to get some engine degreaser and some scotch brite pads and go at it.

as far as building the engine, if youre looking to stay cheap just get some tuner toys rods and some vitara pistons, get the block honed to clean everything up. new bearings, seals, etc. and youre on your way. would be a decent setup for ~300whp
as far as cams, i know bisimoto engineering makes some crazy stuff for single cams, but hes expensive. still worth a look.

ooo one more thing, how much roughly to get the block honed out?

Back