D16Z6- Good platform

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

aceofspades991

Hi Everyone,

I recently lost my baby (a 76 dodge D100 w/ a 440 and 727 torque flight) to an absent minded woman turning left across traffic. To get me moving again, I bought a 95 Honda EX with a D16Z6 engine that has 280,000 miles on it. Its a Honda, so of course it still runs like a champ ;)

Anyways, my question is: is this engine a good platform to build up. As I get the money, I'd like to have it rebuilt and turbo charge it, that is; if it is a good engine to start modifying. If so, what are some good websites/ suppliers to get parts from.

Also, its a manual trans. Are the tranny's usually solid enough to handle modest power gains?

Thanks. Any advice is appreciated.

well if you will be happy with a boosted 200-300whp then yeah there great motors. and the trans can handle it there very good also.

ebay
verified stores and such, they cost more...but for instance...
zex racing cams 59300 cost like 260$ shipped, valves springs and retainers for another 150-200$...
eagle rods and some pistons for ur application (n/a or fi) rods for under $800, and the pistons I dunno (fucking d15b)
and some tuning and ur looking at 150hp before fi...
all depends on the route u wanna take

Back