D16z6 In Place Of A D15b7

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

One more question

I have the engine in and it runs (Woohooo). but, the old engine had the map sensor on the firewall fed by a hose. the new engine (the D16Z6) has the map sensor on the throttle body. Which one do I use? how do I adapt? If I use the new one, what do I do with the wiring for the old one??

Thanks, Bill

just use the old plug from the one that was on the firewall and plug it into the one on the tb

Well, I am using the engine harness form the D16Z6 engine and it has a MAP sensor plug on it. Do I need a new ECU harness?

no just dont use that plug. i just plugged that into the map on the firewall since neither are being used

I worked out the MAP sensor. I traced the wired from the engine harness sensor plug to the plug on the shock tower. The corresponding pins on the chassis side of the plug were empty, So I pulled the wires out of the chassis sensor plug and put them in the correct locations on the strut tower plug,

Bill

MAP sensor on D16Z6 is fine. You have the harness and should've been fine.

But its not that ahrd to get the harness from ECu to shock tower out. Its three bolts to get the battery tray out and fishing them in/out isn't that bad after that. That way things are wired up correct for sure

You shouldn't of need to switch the pin locations at all....weird.

Well it's all done. Instard of hunting for the right connectors, i just ordered the wires from RYWire. Once I had those, everything plugged in place.

Thanks again for all the help. Bill

d15b7 to d16z6

i have a 93 civic bubble with a d15b7 in it..i want to put a d16z6 engine in it.im wondering if it would bolt directly to my stock trans and i know i need another ecu..but which ecu do i need a p28??

i have the d15b7 setup in my 92 sedan and i am looking to do the swap to a d16z6 so i can boost it. i just am having trouble getting ahold of a d16z6

Back