d16z6 into 96 civic ex

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffsciv23

okay a friend of mine wants me to swap his d16z6 into his new car (96 civic ex). don't ask why he wants the z6 in it instead of the y8 but he does, and said i can keep the y8. he wants me to put the y8 IM on the z6 though. is it possible to put an OBD1 engine into and OBD2 chassis? i have never done it before. couldn't i just use the y8 harness and dizzy and just plug everythign up and use the stock ecu since it is basically the same engine?

you could in theory swap the dizzy and any electronics that the plugs are diffrent and it should swap in fine...

but uhm...
why?!?!?!
this makes no sense unless he's screwing you over on the motor or something

no major gains from going from a y8 to a z6...
no gains worth the time and effort of a motor swap...

Mr. jeffsciv23, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul! :)

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 11 2005, 04:25 PM
why?!?!?!
this makes no sense unless he's screwing you over on the motor or something

no major gains from going from a y8 to a z6...
no gains worth the time and effort of a motor swap...

[post=485851]Quoted post[/post]​

that is the same thing i told him since the y8 has like 2-3 more hp then the z6 but when he had the engine in his old car before he wrecked it he had some P&P work done. i ahve no idea what goes on in his head but he does this kinda stuff all the time. when he put the z6 into his old car he gave the guy a b16 for doing the swap just because he couldn't find the wireing and ecu fast enough.

so i could swap dizzy's and it should work?

Yes, just use the distributor and injectors from his motor. Anything else weird that pops up should be easily dealt with the same way.

Back