d16z6 into a 88 crx dx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tylonalsnifnfool

i'm looking to put a d16z6 into my 88crx dx and i was wondering how much i should expect to pay for the motor. I was also wondering about the labor. how much would it cost to have the motor put in and a manual trnny conversion if i supplied all the parts? my last question is where? i live smack dab in the middle of rochester and syracuse N.Y. so if anybody knows a good shop in the area could you please let me know?

Found this quote off Mechanic B's site.....

"If you have an 88 model or tranny, you need to use the same year clutch disc, pressure plate and flywheel to either stock from the Honda dealer around $180 for the clutch kit ( or Clutch masters,ACT, etc) and 'bout $25-30 to resurface the flywheel. All and only 88 model tranny has different # of teeth on the spline (21) compared to 89-00 (20)."

Other than that, no other sites really mention the '88. Here's a link: http://www.geocities.com/bing_bong916/vtec.html

Good luck!

i just wanna know how much the motor and stuff will cost. just throw up some numbers for me.

dot spend more that 300 on that engine. get thw wirng harness and ecu also. maybe antoher 150. do the swap yourself use the money you save on something better than labor.

well im gonna be doing the same mod to my crx but mine is a 90 HF and i was wondering if the swap is pretty simple and am i gonna have to make a vtec controller or can i just get another ecu and if i can use another ecu which one would be the best for d16z6??? thanx people

so exactly how simple is the swap? i'm no mecanic, about all i've done to my crx is change the valve cover seal, catalitic converter, oil pan, and all the filters. I do not think i am ready to go around swaping motors yet. anybody have an idea of what the labor is gonna be for the motor swap and doing the manual transmission conversion?plus the dual to multipoint injection crap to.

i have the z6 swap in my 88 base model and it cost me about 1000 for everything and i did all the labor expect wiring harness. new clutch, new tranny,engine, exhast, axels, air intake, bearings, p& P head and intake.

anyone have any clue what i would be looking at for HP, top speed and 1/4 mile time ? i know there is no way to really tell but say i have intake, high flow cat, racing muffler and headers. this is with a standard tranny from a crx si with performance clutch and flywheel? i know there is no way to tell but just throw a few numbers at me

I had a d15b sohc Vtec in my 90 civic dx hatch with intake, headers, exaust, lightened flywheel, act clutch,90 si Tranny running off an obd0 Teg ecu, and Vtec on a button, and i was pullin 16.0's which is not bad with our elevation. B16 swaps around here are generally pullin 15.5 to 15.7's. It is an ok little swap, but if you wanna go big, ya gotta go B

Back