D16z6 mini me help!!! please respond

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HONDANH44

Im working with a d15b7 block in a 95 civic dx, im putting a d16z6 head on it, do i have to remove the oil jet on the block becuase i didnt see one on the head, would be in the same location but on the head?

also, what timing belt should i use? i have read other mini-me threads that say to use a VX timing belt?

any help would be great!!

you do need to remove it. Go here http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=554053 or try d-series.org. Good stuff man.

oh timing belt should be d16z6...........

the vx might make sense considering it was a 1.5l vtec but it only has 103 teeth and it'll be too tight. the z6 belt has 104 and fits much better without the whinning sound you'll find with a over tight timing belt.........

ERRRRRRRRRPPKKAAAAA wrong...you do use the VX timing belt...there is a reason for the smaller timing belt....the 1.5 has a shorter stroke.......when you do this..you are making a VX engine.......durr..well not exactly...you are making a JDM D15 vtec pretty much.......a VX bottom with a Z6 head......
listen to the masses......they did it before you, and it will not change....too much slack in belt = sloppy cam timing

what kinda power does a mini-me yeild? and anyone wanna point me in the direction to get the nec. parts?

mini-me = crap POS engine....i had have one..built it right.....bleck..i am tired of d-series..i am on my 4th one......but i am putting my b16 in tomorrow!

Originally posted by daidilus@Feb 21 2004, 01:40 PM
ERRRRRRRRRPPKKAAAAA wrong...you do use the VX timing belt...there is a reason for the smaller timing belt....the 1.5 has a shorter stroke.......when you do this..you are making a VX engine.......durr..well not exactly...you are making a JDM D15 vtec pretty much.......a VX bottom with a Z6 head......
listen to the masses......they did it before you, and it will not change....too much slack in belt = sloppy cam timing

just stating what a member of honda-tech.com said in his how-to...........
he said he heard a whinning sound and replaced w/ the z6 and the problem freed up.....

don't hate the player just hate the game baby..............

well if you agree on vx timing belt or not this is a good write up on it.....
http://www.iapecc.com/mini_me.htm

Back