D16Z6 motor swap in 88 CRX si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gettocrx

I'm putting in a D16z6 in my 88 crx si and plan to run it on this my CRx ecu since I'm not changing harness. I hear that everything will bolt up except the distributor and the fuel injectors dont run on a fuel resistor box. So I was told to modify my si distributor to fit the d16z6 and to run my regular fuel injectors since the d16z6 injectors dont run on fuel resistor box. Also an rpm activated switch would be good to activate the vtec. Did anyone here done this before?? How will it run?? Is it any good?? Or what else or what should be done?? options?? Thanks!

That will work, but you won't get the full potential out of the engine. I would just use the injectors from your a6. The best thing would be to convert to obd1 so you can use thye proper ecu for the engine. I ran it both obds in my 91 civic with a z6. Obd1 is the way to go. If your si engine is in good shape I would just keep that or swap in a zc instead. I don't think the swap is worth it.

Originally posted by Jeef@Mar 4 2004, 06:49 PM
That will work, but you won't get the full potential out of the engine. I would just use the injectors from your a6. The best thing would be to convert to obd1 so you can use thye proper ecu for the engine. I ran it both obds in my 91 civic with a z6. Obd1 is the way to go. If your si engine is in good shape I would just keep that or swap in a zc instead. I don't think the swap is worth it.

i am with you - just get a DOHC ZC - same hp as Z6 - bolts right in - only minor wiring changes required at distributor - a lot less hassle and unless you have the VTEC engaged, the Z6 will run about the same as your A6

Trinity in her std hatch with an a6 in it, handed my 91 civic sedan with a z6 and crx si tranny it ass.

Thanks guys! Well first of all I'm from Hawaii, its hard to find ZC's here. If you do find any it need overhauling or problems with it. And my manifold I have wont match up will it? Z6 is much more easier to find here and I'm planning on boosting it since the car is boosting right now. I'm going to run it like this till I can get my hands on a Z6 motor harness so I can convert it to obd1. Till then I think I'll be find. Thanks Again!

Back