1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D16Z6 Rebuild parts

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by aceofspades991, Oct 7, 2009.

1. aceofspades991

aceofspades991 New Member

Hi, I'm planning to do a rebuild in my 95 civic EX. I'd like to get the bottom end ready for a power adder like nitrous or a turbo, but those mods will come later when I have the money.

My question is, what manufacturers and online sources are good to find components such as connecting rods, pistons, cams and aftermarket heads?

2. Matts96HB

Matts96HB . Moderator VIP

To start off, you have a great powerplant for your first build. My main question is, do you have any experience building engines prior to this?

Honda engines are a little different than your typical V8. The clearances are tighter, and they are more sensitive than you might imagine.

You can start of by looking at a set of OEM main/rod bearings for that engine. Majestic Honda is a great place to get OEM parts online. Link to that: Honda Automotive Parts

To better help you find the other parts you're going to need, I'll need to know what kind of power you're looking to make.

As a reference, here are the places where I usually start searching for parts (I typed in a quick search for pistons and rods for your engine)
    d16z6 rods pistons - Google Product Search

Usually froogle or eBay is where I will start searching. Let me know on that power goal, and I can help you out more.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted