D16Z6 Rebuild parts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

aceofspades991

Hi, I'm planning to do a rebuild in my 95 civic EX. I'd like to get the bottom end ready for a power adder like nitrous or a turbo, but those mods will come later when I have the money.

My question is, what manufacturers and online sources are good to find components such as connecting rods, pistons, cams and aftermarket heads?

To start off, you have a great powerplant for your first build. My main question is, do you have any experience building engines prior to this?

Honda engines are a little different than your typical V8. The clearances are tighter, and they are more sensitive than you might imagine.

You can start of by looking at a set of OEM main/rod bearings for that engine. Majestic Honda is a great place to get OEM parts online. Link to that: Honda Automotive Parts

To better help you find the other parts you're going to need, I'll need to know what kind of power you're looking to make.

As a reference, here are the places where I usually start searching for parts (I typed in a quick search for pistons and rods for your engine)
d16z6 rods pistons - Google Product Search

Usually froogle or eBay is where I will start searching. Let me know on that power goal, and I can help you out more.

Back