d16z6 rebuild

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i meant i want aluminum powder coated timing covers if someone makes them. i dont think you can powder coat plastic. the valve covers arent a problem. but so far i just grab timing covers whenever i see a good one in a junk yard it dont matter if i dont even have a use for it. they just come in handy for when people need em and i usually get em for around 10-15 bucks. i might even resort to machining my own covers if i cant find some already made

So I was showing off the engine to a friend and i forgot the valve cover wasn't bolted down yet. it fell off and broke the oil filler cap -_-

dam that sucks haha but its not too bad. i'm guessin you were spin the engine over on that stand huh haha i've had shit like that happen around here too. so many funny storries i'd need my own forum or somethin haha

Exactly what happened! I took your advice about the timing covers. I'm prepping them as best as i can now.

yeah i'm a clean freak when it comes to engines. i have a sand blast cabinet and i often will sand blast little things like the battery hold-down bracket and control arms and the brackets for the alt. p/s pump/ and a/c pump and whatever else is full of grime and grease i come accross if i can talk the customer into a few more bucks for the clean-up. but all my shit is extremely clean. i even have wire harness clips, 500 foot rolls of wire loom and the thermal tape wire harnesses are wrapped in just incase one pops off from old age but getting some aluminum timing covers (custom made if i have to ) will be the coolest thing for the stock engines i have in my hondas

all we have right now for the timing covers is the good stock timing covers we are going to try and use for the CNC'd timing covers i wanna build. we might go cast aluminum to save cost but we all know cast could break easier so CNC is the way i wanna go. i wish i could sell em after market but they would cost like 4 or 5 hundred a set. dont think anyone would buy em at that price. so for pics i'll post the pics of the CNC process i guess if i do that. gotta see what the machine shops engineer says first if we do CNC.

Back