d16z6 swap question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hybridracer504

i have a problem with my boi's swap...the motor is out of a 88 integra....can u tell me wut all is needed and need to be done...cuz i have a problem with the swap...the swap is in and the only problem we're having is dat it doesnt rev pass 3000 rpm...plz help...we are really stuck.....

Originally posted by hybridracer504@Jun 27 2004, 02:20 AM
i have a problem with my boi's swap...the motor is out of a 88 integra....can u tell me wut all is needed and need to be done...cuz i have a problem with the swap...the swap is in and the only problem we're having is dat it doesnt rev pass 3000 rpm...plz help...we are really stuck.....

88 integras did not have d16z6s. You didn't give us any info that will help us figure out what is wrong withy your car. What (its not spelled wut) car is this swap done on? What ecu, distributor, and wiring changes did you make to the car?

You would probably get more responses if you typed so people can read. Most people will just stop reading it if it takes effort to figure out what you are saying. Use puctuation and proper spelling. I know I don't know really what the hell you are asking because its tough to read. Also I will let you slide with that remark in the post above me but next time the warnings are coming out.

well it must be a 89 model then....he bought the whole car and pulled the motor out....so used the same distributor, wireharness...we had to wire the distributor straight to the ecu...used a injector resistor box from a 93 accord...and the vacuum...we left a few things dat was on the integra off and im not sure if is really important so juss plugged the lines up...

no integra has a z6 engine...unless it was swapped in ...however the 88 teg does have a d series motor... was this car originally a dx? did you swap the two outer wires on the tps? much more info is needed. if your gonna post a question about a swap we need to know year, model, platform, motor that is in(or going in)

well for all i know the swap came out of a 88 integra rs....we putting it in a 91 hatchback....no we did not swap any wires around....dat is about all we did to the car....the car starts and runs good...the only thing is that it cuts out at 3000 rpm....we tried almost everything we could think of....we thought the timing was off but it is not...i think we got the wiring striaght im not sure....all i can think of is dat sum of the vacuum lines is plugged up...

try unpluging the tps sensor. it will throw a check light but if it is the problem. it will show it by letting it run right. i had a similar problem and that is what was wrong. when i first did my swap, i couldn't rev past 2500 rpms. but i changed the tps sensor and it worked fine since.

Darin

what model was the hatchback? dx?si? i had this problem with my fisrt dpfi to mpfi swap i had forgotten to swap out the outer two wires and it would rev past 3grand but not a WOT.

its a dx model....and i made a mistake on the engine code ...it is a d16a1 not d16z6....i completely had it mixed up with my motor...what wires are u talkin about....i wanna give it a try...hope dat helps

allright you need to swap the two outer wires on the tps because dpfi throttle bodies rotate the opposite way of mpfi throttle bodies, therefor your ecu is getting a negative signal when you reach WOT. are you throwing any codes? it could also possibly be the wiring for your dizzy. try the tps thing first, if this doesnt alleviate the problem id check your dizzy wiring.

ok that would definetly cause your reving issues. how did you hook everything up exactly? my best guess is that you messed up when you wired in that dizzy. either that or you have a busted dizzy.

my guess would be yes...lol...i would honestly wire it into your stock harness. to much to get wrong running 9 wires back to the ecu.

with it wired up to the stock harness ....it wouldnt work...dats y we had to run it straight to the ecu.....the harness is from the d16a1 motor....there was also a extra connector which was the connector goin from the distributor to the strut tower but there was no connector from the strut tower to the ecu...dat was wut we did...

Back