D16Z6 to JDM B16A Wiring Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

XCC-240sxse

Yes, it's a Nissan.
My friend has recently purchased a JDM B16A motor for her '95 Civic which is sitting on a stock D16Z6. All of the parts and everything she needs to finish the swap are in order with one exception...

The guy who took the B16A out of it's previous home (not sure what car it was in) cut the wires instead of removing the harness, so there is no harness with the motor at this point.

Now, I'm not to savvy on Honda swaps or even wiring in general, so what all would we need to do to ensure that the wiring harness is ready for the new motor? Will we be able to utilize the stock D16Z6 harness? Will we need any conversion wires? Or do we just need to get a new harness for the B16A and leave it at that? Any constructive input that's along those lines would be great. ;)

Obviously replacing the entire harness is the best way to go, but its also the most expensive. You should be able to use the old harness but would need to add the vtec subharness from rywire or any other good fabricator. If your not that great with wiring I would get a whole new/used harness.

you can use the stock harness.. you'll just need to wire the knock sensor and extend the vtec wires

I see, thanks for the input. I've done some research while waiting for responses and have a few good possible solutions without buying a whole new harness. I'll talk to her and see where she stands on it. Thanks!

Back