1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d16z6 turbo build

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by 92civicdx, Feb 11, 2012.

1. 92civicdx

92civicdx New Member

ok so im looking at turboin my d16z6 im getting for free from a buddy after i rebuild it with a rebuild kit and i am wondering what boost can i run without getting to deep into this at the start. i have a to3/to4 turbo i had from a old ls/vtec project. i dont want to build internals or nothing major to this motor besides adding the turbo. i have done a lot of research on this and have yet to find a real straight answer. i know stock internals you can run 200whp but that needs extras. im using this motor as a daily driver so nothing over the top and i dont want to hear about b18s or any other swap. just need help to find a lvl of boost that wont need all kinds of extras to run.

i got no problem getting a wastegate bov piping and maybe injectors as i have a walbro sitting around but thats already getting a little far.
  2. 92civicdx

92civicdx New Member

ok was having a of day and had no clue what i was typing there at first so try to ignore first post. im planning on turboin my d16z6 and wondering about a cheap hookup. i got the turbo wastegate piping bov and header. what else will i need? please help its been a few years since i have done this and im needing advice
  3. Matts96HB

Matts96HB Supah Moderatah Moderator

You need a chipped ECU for sure. You might need a new MAP, injectors, and fuel pump.. its all dependent upon how far you want to take it.
  4. 92civicdx

92civicdx New Member

i want to try and go as far as stock will take me while still being reliable. i am in the process of chipping my ecu and was thinkin check valves. i got a 255walbro already now just gotta wait to chip the ecu and get injectors.after that i should be set thanks for the help. i know my question was probably dumb but after searching and coming up with everything but what i was looking for i had to ask