D16Z6 Won't start....not a noob.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EGDriver93

Engine drives great.....ran all day.......last night tried to start it; it dies after 2 seconds of firing. Ok, main relay?
1. Replaced Main Relay
Tried to fire it...no dice. Thought it might be the fuel pump, but you can hear it click on. All electrical works, so the battery is fine. It WANTS to start; starter is brand new, ignition is fine.
2. Possibly distributor?
Was told a worn dizzy could be the culprit. No spark from the dizzy to the spark plug, so I'm thinkin this might be it.
3. Broke the retaining screw that holds the rotor onto the dizzy, so it's going into the shop to drill it out.

Any thoughts on what you guys might think it might be? Any input is appreciated, Thanks.

Well I drove my EX to Vermont, parked it... and in the next 5 mins the car just wouldn't start... Went out to the shed, got some testers, replaced spark plugs and still nothing, ripped out my dizzy from a parts car and my car started right up! :) I guess the D series Motors are known for having the Dizzy just die with no warning I would try that :), got a freind that lend u his/ hers to test it out?

Back