D16z6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok Im building a 92 Civic Hatchback Si I have a D16z6 motor and Im trying to find out if it has a steel crank in it. And where can you find good performance parts at a fair price?? Let me know please!!!

Ok Im building a 92 Civic Hatchback Si I have a D16z6 motor and Im trying to find out if it has a steel crank in it. And where can you find good performance parts at a fair price?? Let me know please!!!

I would probably start by posting in the right forum. This area is for 01+ Civics. You want the forum above this one...

Any advice on where to start as far as building this car motor wise?? Parts boring any of that stuff will be a major help!

the d-series honda motors come with forged cranks but the conecting rods are the weekpoint of the z6 engines,they only hold about 230hp if you want it to be reliable

building a daily driver but still want to be able to have some fun with it. Im not wanitng to go insane and try to get mega power but i still want some punch if you get my drift

No, no car in mind as far power wise. Maybe around 350whp if possible. Money wise cheap but not so cheap it breaks down every time I start it lol bout 5 grand for the total restoratoin of the car is what I'm figuring motor paint wheels and inter..this is a long term project for me lol

I doubt you're going to hit 350 wheel horse if you only have 5 grand to spend and it has to be spread out between motor, wheels, suspension, etc...

well its a longer term project i may dump 10 grand in the motor just depends on the price of the parts and what parts i need to get me there

i am looking for a stock computer for a d16z6 motor can anyone help me. I am new to this site.

Back