D16z6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wisemansoji

OK Has any one ever done this, put a d16z6 intoa 93 sedan, cuz I need some info if this is any diferent then putting into a HB or coupe. I put one in a 94 HB and it worked perfectly fine from th efirst time I cranked it over. But this sedan has been a diffent story.

I finally go the engine down from 5 codes to 2

the 2 thats left are Idle air control valve and Primary Oxygen sensor heater.

can u give me any Ideas on how to get rid of these codes.

The egine idles at 2 grand and bouces. Will fixing these codes fix the idle.

THE IAC will fix the bouncing idle. To do this, replace it, its on the back of your intakemanifold, and also replace your 02 sensor and you should be clean of codes.

I am not positive. Look and see if they look and are shaped the same. You m ight just get away with using it, but I have no clue really, since I've never seen the intake manifold off a 5th gen upclose.

I replaced the o2 sensor and that code is gone its still throwing IAC and map sensor now the engine is still doin the same thing but when I un plug the map the engines idle is ok.

I wasn't sure what map sensor to use cuz the car had one on its fire wall and the new d16 has it on the throttle body.

Originally posted by wisemansoji@Jul 29 2004, 03:26 AM
I replaced the o2 sensor and that code is gone its still throwing IAC and map sensor now the engine is still doin the same thing but when I un plug the map the engines idle is ok.

I wasn't sure what map sensor to use cuz the car had one on its fire wall and the new d16 has it on the throttle body.
[post=369701]Quoted post[/post]​

Originally posted by 92lover+Dec 28 2004, 07:35 PM-->
wisemansoji
@Jul 29 2004, 03:26 AM

[post=369701]Quoted post[/post]​

[post=438406]Quoted post[/post]​

Ok dude I just swapped a d16 into a 92 vx hatch. I ran into the same exact probs. what you need to do is check the vacumm hoses and hook them all up. if yu have a egr valve, cancel out that hose.if that dosnt solve anything get the map that goes on the firewall. make sure that the Throttle body has a vaccum hose connection and not the manifold. that willl solve the prob, oh..... and check the throttle positioning sensor, throttle body gasket, injectors and all mannifold sensors.

Check the TPS and MAP plugs, like B said they could be switched since they are right next to each other and exactly the same (except the wiring)

For the o2, you are probably throwing a 41, if so you need to add a couple wires. How many wires did the old motor use in the 02?

No other Civic besides the VX has an EGR system, so don't worry about that.

Back