D16Z6...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Crix

I just picked up a hydrolocked D16Z6 out of a EG. I plan on rebuilding the motor. But I wanted to make this a NA motor. What would be the best pistons to use? Crank.. etc.. This is going to be a motor Iam myself will try to rebuild. And as far as the head what sorta vavletrain needs to be used? The motor is going into on of my crx hfs. IS this motor a obd1 ?

Originally posted by Crix@Sep 27 2004, 11:44 AM
I just picked up a hydrolocked D16Z6 out of a EG. I plan on rebuilding the motor. But I wanted to make this a NA motor. What would be the best pistons to use? Crank.. etc.. This is going to be a motor Iam myself will try to rebuild. And as far as the head what sorta vavletrain needs to be used? The motor is going into on of my crx hfs. IS this motor a obd1 ?
[post=395245]Quoted post[/post]​

The D16Z6 is an 0BD1 motor from the 92-95 Civic Ex.

Airias (spell?) pistons are well made and decently priced . . .

also, a knife edge crank, and some crower rods would work nicely.

If you do not plan on changing the cam or any other valve train work, i would leave that part of the motor stock as long as it is in decent condition (provided you dont want to spend too much money.)

Let us know how the rebuild goes.

Going with a D16Z6 or a Y8 cause I might be getting a Y8 instead. What about the axles on a D16 does that all just slide in or do I need differnt hubs?

You need different hubs- the HF hubs are smaller. Get the DX or Si units.

Back