d17a2 turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrnice1058

ok my boy asked me today since he has a 01civic ex he was wondering if he can use a d16 turbo kit and make some mods on it to make it match up with the piping on his car but his main question which is my question can the exhaust manifold fit on his d17 being that the kit is for a d16?if not has anyone seen a turbo for a 2001 civic ex yet let me know thanks guys

no chance in hell... the motor is a lot diferent.

some of it will work, but it will not be a bolt on affair, thats for sure

ok but here is what he is what he has the problem with he just wants to know if the manifold will fit on the exhaust from the 96-00 kit on his 01 if it fits then he is willing to get te kit and do some work to modify it but if no then he is not going to bother because he found some kits for like 1999 for the 96-00 and the one on that site is 3000 he has 2000 right now to spend so it is on him but if anyone knows if the exhaust manifold will fit from the 96-00 engine on the 01 let me know please..i want to say yes but i don't know only because a d series is a d series right?

If the fueling is controlled by some kind of hack system like an FPR, you'll need to do something else about the tuning... the 2001+ uses a returnless fuel system.

Grab two gaskets at the dealer's parts department and see if they line up.

for the fuel pump get a boost a pump kit it controls the the pumps voltage and increases it just like the older fpr increases fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back