daily driver

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

emomelodic

Here is the civic project. its a 1994 civic ex.
mods: aem cold air intake
ractive header, downpipe, obx cat, apexi wannabe catback exhaust
obx plug wires.

project 1
to make a daily driver civic, d16z. with some style and some go juice

engine d16z6 1.6l sohc vtec.

turbo to install, garrett t3, innercooler, dsm injectors, apexi vafc controller, dsm bov

plan on running 8psi.

body
full kit, shave, dor poppers, supra spoiler, painjob.
but first some before pics.
S2010045.JPG
to rid the car of that nasty famous honda rust over the back left and right wheels.
S2010046.JPG

to take everything off the car :)
S2010044.JPG
slow tec engine power.
S2010051.JPG

and the back end....

pic taken sept 8th.

ill keep an update on the progress for anyone interested. including total cost. places to go in new england, and dyno for this ride.

sorry if the images are huge i was too lazy to scale them down.

this body shop in New Hampshire is mad good, and decently priced. There called rein ubell auto werks. and there just opening. so when this car is done if you like it. ill give you there contact info and you can check em out.

kit and parts were ordered through Fully Loaded Rides of new england

D16Z6 turbo... :thumbsup:

I would switch back to OEM honda plug wires and chip your ECU for fuel management (ubedata/hondata), the vafc is not the best option.

On a quiet night, you can hear a d-series ninja being born...

It sounds a lot like bodywork, sawzall-ing, and tig-welding.
Get it sexy, then make it look good :D!

It doesn't look too bad, but since your in MA I wouldn't shave the handles, I did it to my last hatch and got frozen out once. It only happened once but it was a pain in the ass, and I was stupid enough to shave the lock off the hatch too, so I couldn't even climb in. Just remember hair dryers are your friend.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Oct 1 2004, 09:20 PM
It doesn't look too bad, but since your in MA I wouldn't shave the handles, I did it to my last hatch and got frozen out once. It only happened once but it was a pain in the ass, and I was stupid enough to shave the lock off the hatch too, so I couldn't even climb in. Just remember hair dryers are your friend.
[post=397353]Quoted post[/post]​

good point. ill have to look into that, i might park it for the majority of the winter and drive around an old beater saab 900s, that im turning into the incredible HULK car. haha... its gonna be crazy.

Back