dam error codes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mrnice1058

ok i got my civic up and running finally and i got two error codes today and i am clueless on what to do with them ok one is a code 7 TPS - throttle position sensor, the other is a code 22 VTEC pressure valve what can i do to fix those? i am running a p28 with a b16 engine in a 97 civic if you need more information let me know. thanks guys

Check the voltage on the signal wire on the TPS and make sure its at .5V when the throttle is closed and I think it's supposed to be around 5V at 100% throttle. As for the code 22, make sure your oil level is good, VTEC solenoid is working and all connections are secure. Are you using a VAFC?

Code 22 for the pressure switch probably means the harness is wrong....splice the VTM wire(D06 on the OBDI side) into the VTS wire (A04 OBDI side, A08 OBDIIa side).

ok thanks for the info nfn15037 that worked for me. swanny i did what you told me for the voltage and i got that right on the money but i was using a vafc and i took it off i am too scared of it. i fixed the two codes now i have a code 21 so i gave up for the day because my battery is weak so i throw it on the charger for a while. but why is it that it is running so rich and why does it seems like it is misfiring?

Originally posted by mrnice1058+Nov 27 2004, 03:45 PM-->
i am running a p28 with a b16 engine
[post=422885]Quoted post[/post]​

mrnice1058
@Nov 27 2004, 09:50 PM
but why is it that it is running so rich and why does it seems like it is misfiring?
[post=423016]Quoted post[/post]​

are you sure it's not running lean? you're running a dohc vtec engine with sohc vtec map ;)

Back