DAMMIT!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
DAMMIT!! my work just called me to tell me that they are laying us all off for 2 more weeks. apparently they had some HUGE problems with the product (we make sonobuoys for the government) and cant fix the problem. until they fix the problem, i am laid off for 2 more damn weeks. i was supposed to go back to work this coming monday and now its not until March 13th when i go back. this sucks.

:rant:

How are you only layed off for a certain amount of time? Doesn't layoff mean your job is gone?

B16-nah. temporary not working for the company but still employed there. i guess thats the best way to describe it.

Battle Pope- yeah i do. im considering taking the job.

I thought you had the option to go to work somewhere else?

:werd:
why didn;t you go work with that guy running phone line or cable in condos er offices er whatever

cause i was hoping to go back to work on this coming monday. thats why i didnt take it. oh and its working with James (2000si) at his father's telephone company

B16-nah. temporary not working for the company but still employed there. i guess thats the best way to describe it.

yea, thats still a lay off
yours is just temporary

what's there to consider???
work and pay vs lay off and no pay?
do you honestly like your job that much?
isn;t this 4 weeks now?

well i didnt wanna waste their time training me when i figured i was gonna go back to work soon.

im getting un-employement (waiting on first check to arrive)

my current job is ok. decent money for not doing much....LOL

yup this will be going on 4 weeks being laid off. :cry:

Quoted post[/post]]

You better get your fucking ass in gear then, we just hired at least one more guy. If the second guy who applied passes the piss test he's got the job too.

Fuck that job. Come to the fucking office tomorrow morning, fill out an application, go take a piss test and you could BE WORKING TOMORROW AFTERNOON.

You need money dude.

:withstupid:

Like I said, guaranteed work for a minimum of a year. Pay will only increase as productivity goes up Brian.

They're running fiber in apartment buildings. Show up, pull cable, mount mouldings... blah blah. It's really simple once you get the hang of it.

Hell, they pulled in 18 cables in a week not even knowing wtf they were doing. They did 5 yesterday and (if I remember right...) nine more today.

Back