damn, done got ripped off!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Arachnid

hi guys, i don't know where to post this up...

i bought a "98 civic ex" tranny about 2-3weeks ago from jabcivic (for 205 bucks shipped). finally got around to putting it in and....damn 2nd goes to 65mph, 3rd to 100mph. finally checked the vin # that it came from and guess what...EJ6. wtf i got ripped off.

don't buy from jabcivic. "she" ripped me off. i should've checked the tranny first before i put it in. now i'm stuck with a dumb y7 tranny.

are you sure about that. how's that possible?

oh, EJ6 doesn't look like an ex to me.

Originally posted by JDMPlaya@Aug 15 2004, 06:34 PM
Well Technically a 98 civic ex tranny is from a y7 so you got what you paid for..
[post=377222]Quoted post[/post]​

No. An EX has the Y8 engine. :tisk:

helloo? i was offered a free dx tranny and didn't even take it. and i'm paying 205 dollars for the same tranny. do i have fuctard written across my face!

"got what i payed for..." b.s.

honesltly, i don't think you got ripped off at all.

with my z6 tranny, i could do 62 and 98 in 2nd and 3rd gear respectivly.

what size tires do you have?

The y8 and the z6 tranny's are practically the same... different 4th/5th gears and a slightly different FDR, but overall, its a very similar tranny.

Originally posted by pheonixb16aguy@Aug 16 2004, 04:19 AM
you have no one to be mad at but your self, you should have had her send pics of the tranny codes to you .. and you bought a tranny from a chic ..lol..without seeing pics ... and yes you are right .. you are a fucktard and wasted $200 cause that tranny is worth $5 .. im sure you will learn from YOUR! mistake ... just my .02 dood
[post=377407]Quoted post[/post]​

I take offense to this. What the hell does being a chick have to do with selling parts? And don't start to tell me chicks don't know what they are doing when it comes to being a mechanic. I am one, call my boss and let him tell you I can fix a freaking car and I know what the hell I'm talking about. Hell I'd go so far as to say I know more about cars then half the male population. So don't pull this you bought a part from a chick shit.

LOL! Hey Superfly, I dont want your bosses number, But Can I get your number???? I love a chick who knows cars, Especially one that can work on one. PM me with Your Number :wub:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Aug 16 2004, 08:21 AM-->
honesltly, i don't think you got ripped off at all.

with my z6 tranny, i could do 62 and 98 in 2nd and 3rd gear respectivly.

what size tires do you have?

The y8 and the z6 tranny's are practically the same... different 4th/5th gears and a slightly different FDR, but overall, its a very similar tranny.
[post=377439]Quoted post[/post]​

I second that, you didnt get ripped. Just deal with it...

Originally posted by superflybunnygirl@Aug 16 2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by pheonixb16aguy@Aug 16 2004, 04:19 AM
you have no one to be mad at but your self, you should have had her send pics of the tranny codes to you .. and you bought a tranny from a chic ..lol..without seeing pics ... and yes you are right .. you are a fucktard and wasted $200 cause that tranny is worth $5 .. im sure you will learn from YOUR! mistake ... just my .02 dood
[post=377407]Quoted post[/post]​

I take offense to this. What the hell does being a chick have to do with selling parts? And don't start to tell me chicks don't know what they are doing when it comes to being a mechanic. I am one, call my boss and let him tell you I can fix a freaking car and I know what the hell I'm talking about. Hell I'd go so far as to say I know more about cars then half the male population. So don't pull this you bought a part from a chick shit.
[post=377557]Quoted post[/post]​

Im with superfly hottie on this... get off the whole 'chicks suck at cars' crap... that is so not true, to an extent and with exceptions... so lay off... look at starbellieangel dude... she assisted with her B16 swap in her 91 Integra... I mean STFU

CReX123
@Aug 16 2004, 03:32 PM
LOL! Hey Superfly, I dont want your bosses number, But Can I get your number???? I love a chick who knows cars, Especially one that can work on one. PM me with Your Number :wub:
[post=377561]Quoted post[/post]​

Haa haa... thats great.

i wouldn't have mind if it was a z6 tranny. but it's not. it's a dumb y7 tranny that i could've just gotten for free. hey, i trusted that people sellin' their stuff on this site knew what they were sellin'. i guess not.

i have a jdm Vti tranny and 1st goes to 27-28, 2nd goes to like 63-64 , and third goes to like 90's, i dont think you got ripped, i think you got what you paid for dude.

hahaha thats great CReX, good luck, and hey superfly if hes too young im single too.... ;) my PM box is always open!

Hondamoco. the ex tranny and the lx/dx trannys are way different. it's ungodly how much that little 4mph of difference makes.

oh. and i fucking hate phasenine. they ripped me off on a 96-98 rear lip. sent money order and they never sent me my lip. so die if you're that guy i was talkin' to. all that, " yeah, i'll send you your lip in a couple of days" crap. don't wanna hear it!

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA niice phenox, but i actualy got a gf too.. ya prob shuldnt have asked but who cares.. my civic is my GF, she dont give me any lip or anything.. DONT WORRY ITS NOTHING SEXUAL!!!! ya shes one of the best gf's a man can have... kinda,,, maby.. ;)

Im bangin this chick that has a Type R and i drive that shit everyday, Its quick as fuck! But that chick Superfly has an 88 CRX HF like me, LOL!

Back