damn driveaxles

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
Ok I can't seem to figure out ho to get the driverside driveaxle out of the tranny, it's not like the passenger side or the civic's drivers side. please someone explain how, I thought i was supposed to be just pop that shit out like the passengers side.

it should just pop out, if you have everything removed. sometimes if axle has been changed the ring on the tranny side of the axle might be on wrong. that would make it a bitch to remove. i had the same problem on my civic. just pound it out.

Originally posted by get_nick@Oct 7 2003, 03:16 AM
it should just pop out, if you have everything removed. sometimes if axle has been changed the ring on the tranny side of the axle might be on wrong. that would make it a bitch to remove. i had the same problem on my civic. just pound it out.

No, the drivers side axles on B series don't go into the tranny, they go into a halfshaft. You may have to unbolt the halfshaft and remove them together, then put it in a vice and knock it out with a rubber mallet. But there is no ecret to it, they are held in with the same ring clips that the others are.

I'm gonna try unbolting the haltshaft now, Ill tell you how it goes.

Those motherfuckers came out, too bad one of the boots just decided to dump all it's grease on my floor. Now i have to repack them, no better yet, I think I'll buy some new ones. I didn't think they would last very long anyway.

:werd: prybars are excellent when removing axles.

if you get new ones, get AutoZone lifetime warranty axles....the last $75 per you'll ever spend

Ok now I got a second problem, I wasn't even gonna bother, but I decided to replace the clutch, I think I missing some bolts cause the tranny doesn't want to come off the engine. Anyway my wuestion is what bolts need to come off, please be specific.

take the bolts off the starter.

edit: well, the (i think) ten bolts from the transmission, too, but that kinda goes without saying.

i always forget to take the bolts off the starter. that's probably what you're getting hung up on.

Now i'm happy, I got it off in like 15 minutes, but i broke my last 10mm 12 point wrench takin off the pressure plate bolts, and I only had one to go.

Back