Damn, this blows.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
So I finally finished up the rear end of the car, got some new tires and was going to get an alignment, until I found out that the NAPA machine shop people are retarded. The seem to have forgotten to put the snap rings in when the pressed the bearing in so I have about a bunch of play. I didn't think to check it the other day when I got it all back together. Now it's all comming back apart and NAPA's getting a taste of pissedoffbryan.

I obviously didn't bother though, I lifted up the front end to check it to see if it was even worth the drive for a front end alignment. It wasn't, both driverside front upper control arm's ball joints are shot and both left and right tie rod ends have some play.

$192.10 later, they'll be be replaced.

So I'm going to be spending...

~$300 for the rear end
~$200 for tires
~$200 for the front end
~$100 for the alignment

And I figure since I'm already spending a shit load of money, I'll invest in the rear sway bar now. So add another ~$200.

Oh well, $1k later, I shouldn't have to worry too much and have a semi decent handling car until the crappy struts piss me off enough to replace them.

Sure is a whole lot of money to be spending when I don't have a job.

welcome to the world of owning a piece of shit vw/audi automobile....im sorry but i have a passionate hatred for them all

why are you spending money on front and rear end?

Yep.

I already paid for eveything...with the money I spent on all the BS and the car, I should have sold it and when I got out of jail, bought a 1.8T.

I spent money on the rear end, because it wouldn't move without it. I spent money on the front end because it just handles like shit and the ball joints don't have much life in them, so it needs to be done if I plan to keep the car.. which I do.

my parts made it... what a suprise.

I wonder why the control arms weigh like 10 ozs. I didn't take the stockers off yet, so I don't know how much they weigh.

But, i don't have a 14mm allen wrench so I can't even get the rear spindle/hub off anymore...I would have had the bearing done by now.

Great....NAPA damaged the hub now and destroyed the new bearing.

They pulled it apart, so now...I don't have a car. WTF. It's almost not worth doing anything because I can get a new bearing for free but the hub is gonna cost some $$$.

The goddamn pinch bolt on the front controls arms is siezed and I just ripped the balljoints out, so even if I had the rear hub and everything, i couldn't put it back together until I get this bolt out. Peachy...

I REALLY don't want to have to pull the front spindle off and send it out either. I just can't win.

Yet you continue to praise the Audi and dog on the WRX.

I really don't know where you're opinion is founded if its coming from a performance aspect. Sure, german cars may be more luxury but I don't think you can even begin to compare your A4 whether its 2.5 quattro or 1.8t quattro to the WRX or like cars.

I just look down on the regular WRX...it's just slow, small and I don't like the interior. So is the Audi but it's just nicer and I like the styling better.

I got the pinch bolt out and the new control arms in...I just have to put the assembly back in and do the tie rod ends and get the new bearing pressed in.

I was just bitching because it was taking me a while to do it.

Back