dash paint

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sunkist

I'm new to the site but was up until 4am reading all the posts. I want to paint my dash, but not really sure how. I have seen people leave the dash in and tape it off. Looks ok but diffucult to do (lots of overspray). Has anyone painted their dash and also how did you do it. Is there a site I can go to go step by step on how to remove the dash pieces. It looks like it's going to be a pain in the ass. Lots of screws and clips. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
B

back when i was in my RICER days....

(we're talkin 1994 here guys)

i masked taped off the entire dash on my 89 hatch. all around the winsheild, over everything i didnt want to get paint on. i then went to pepboys and bought some of the autopaint primer. primered up the entire dash, then waited for it to dry. then took the white paint, and painted over that.

use a respirator you can buy from a store that only sells automotive paint, otherwise you will get sick from the fumes.

you can buy a chiltons, it has a picture of where all the screws are - but be prepared to spend a day or two getting it out, painting it, and putting it back in... and be careful putting it back in not to scratch the fuck out of the dash.

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Nov 9 2003, 10:43 AM
use a respirator you can buy from a store that only sells automotive paint, otherwise you will get sick from the fumes.

Paint buzzes own. I sprayed my boat and used a a regular dust mask. I was feeling good for about 2-3 hours afterwards.

Back