Dc Header Roxorz!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

had my new DC header for about 2 weeks now. all i can say is IT ROCKS! feels like someone bolted 10hp to my engine! and it actually INCREASED my low-end torque! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: i highly recommend this upgrade to anyone still using the stock manifold. oh and the SOUND! with my exhaust, it sounds pretty mean :D
s3ed1b59e27132.jpg

yes it does look good.
But just for my curiosity why would you buy all those mods for that engine instead of saving up for a better engine?

$250 DC sports header, makes 1hp more than the $800 Mugen header, weird huh?

hey rixxceboy, just out of curiosity (sp?), are you planning on swapping an engine in there or are you going to bolt onto the d15 there? Im just asking because im still debating whether to bolt on the basics to my d16z6 (i/h/e) and being happy with that. Or possibly turbo'ing the d or dropping in a b-series for a lot more money. Sorry for the semi-jacking of your thread here.

Originally posted by nealo@May 31 2003, 10:30 PM
hey rixxceboy, just out of curiosity (sp?), are you planning on swapping an engine in there or are you going to bolt onto the d15 there? Im just asking because im still debating whether to bolt on the basics to my d16z6 (i/h/e) and being happy with that. Or possibly turbo'ing the d or dropping in a b-series for a lot more money. Sorry for the semi-jacking of your thread here.

no problem. glad u asked actually. for some time i was seriously gonna do an engine swap, but after talking to a few people i trust very much, i decided to listen to their advice. basically, my engine still runs like new and i never had any problems with it, and i always felt that all it needed was a few extra horses to make me happy, and now i have those few extra horses and i'm really glad i didnt spend $2000+ for another engine which may or may not have given me problems. instead, i only spent $120 for my cat-back and dynomax muffler, and $300 for the DC header (total of $420). the intake was something i bought many years ago, so it doesnt really count. (the K&N filter is $30).

im really happy with how its running now and i still have more mods i can do if i want to (cam, cam gear, MPFI swap, even nos but i dont think i would). BTW, i created a "custom" cold air duct for my intake by keeping my stock resonator box and cutting a large hole in the lower front of it. it made a pretty big difference. i also have a homemade heatsield for my intake, and it helped too. also, i stripped my hatch for weight reduction.

BTW, this doesnt mean that a swap isnt totally out of the question...but for now im happy with the D15. :D

Nealo, i'd say that if you dont have any problem parting with your D16, go for a B16 swap. but if you're like me and think you'd be happy with what bolt-ons could give you, and you're engine still runs real good...keep the z6 and mod away B)

Gabe, its time to drop some zc pistons, a cam, and an mpfi swap in there :)

Originally posted by jeff@Jun 1 2003, 03:18 AM
Gabe, its time to drop some zc pistons, a cam, and an mpfi swap in there :)

sounds good! :D i think the MPFI swap would be next...but not for awhile. gonna save some money for now.

Back