DC vs. EG vs. EK ???????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtec4life

If I'm wanting a stable car for top end speed and good handling, does it really matter which platform to go with? I know there are advantages of having a longer wheelbase like with the DC and EK coupe vs. the EG, but is there really a noticable difference in performance to even consider it?

Please correct me if I'm wrong: ;)

DC - Right off the bat you'll be heavier than the EK & EG. Longer wheel base and wider with a lower height. More aerodynamic due to it's lower roof height? Better handling because of it being wider?

EK (coupe & hatch) - Lighter with a longer wheel base than the EG. Sit's taller than the DC.

EG - Lightest of all. Shares the same suspension as the DC. Shorter wheel base.

1.) Which is more aerodynamic? (for top end speeds)
2.) Which as the best center of gravity/mass?? Balance...
3.) EK coupe or the hatch? reasons why? Are they too close to not make a difference?
4.) Which one has the best turning capability and why? cornering..etc...
5.) Which one would be best for top end speeds? Stabibility?

6.) Why is it that all the recognized fast cars are Civics, either a EG hatch (well probably because it's lighter) or the EK hatch....it's very rare to see DC's and or EK coupes.......hhmm the reasons are probably obvious, but just thought I'd ask incase I missing something... :roll:

7.) Why is it that in all the JDM videos..it's always EK HATCHES? Lol....Does it really have a more balanced chassis? center of mass etc... :blink:

Thanks in advance! Take care..

EG and DC are the same width at the feet.

1.) Which is more aerodynamic? (for top end speeds)

The fastest civic in the world is a 6th gen coupe (well, it looks like one)

Anyway, what speeds are you talking? My EH2 (EG) feels more stable than my friends ITR at 135mph. You can make pretty much any of them stable at high speeds, but they are still light, and can feel squirrely when you pass an 18 wheeler.

2.) Which as the best center of gravity/mass?? Balance...

I doubt ou'd be able to tell the differnce after modifications to suspension.

3.) EK coupe or the hatch? reasons why? Are they too close to not make a difference?

It's your car, your money.

4.) Which one has the best turning capability and why? cornering..etc...

They are the same $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

5.) Which one would be best for top end speeds? Stabibility?

Didn't you already ask this?

7.) Why is it that in all the JDM videos..it's always EK HATCHES? Lol....Does it really have a more balanced chassis? center of mass etc...

Think Civic Type R

Thanks 92b16vx...........

To answer your question: I'm talking highway battles. 60mph to 140+......

So it sounds as if there really isn't that much of a difference to make a big impact yea?

Stock I'd say you're better off with a teg, but who leaves a car they drive top speed stock in suspension?

me personally I would go with the EG for simplicity, cheaper, and lighter, and already obd1.

between EK and DC, well I would choose "though one" probably the EK, what can I say, I love hatches.

any civic with the right engine swap will out preform a integra

Defintely go for either the EG or the EK...what it will come down to is which one you prefer. I like the eg the best...but some prefer the EK..its all up to you.

Originally posted by xaero@Jul 3 2004, 07:25 AM
any civic with the right engine swap will out preform a integra

I assume you are just talking about in stock form correct? Please specify...something just doesn't sound right here..

Off the bat w/ just the an engine swap I can agree, but what in your opinion makes the Civics perform better over the DC?

thanks

I'd go with a DC, but I'm biased, as I already own an integra. They are roomier in the cabin than a civic, and when you are nearly 6'3" and drive your car 40k a year, comfort comes into play. But if I had to make a strictly racing car, I'd get a 92-95 civic coupe, they are my fav of the civics, best body lines IMO, and huge aftermarket for that series civic.

Back