Debate #2

Kerry? Bush?

• Bush

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Didn't wa

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sabz5150

FALCON PUNCH!!!
Zip up your flame suits, let the fun begin!

Kerry.

I'm tired of how Bush's camp keeps trying to oversimplify to a fault- it's NOT as simple as he wants people to believe. Bush simplifies facts down to the point where he's leaving out important information that really matters, and you just can't do that.

I also really don't like how Bush isn't a supporter of science. The stem cell research is a prime example. Bush doesn't want research performed on fertility bank embryos because it's "killing life" or some crap like that. The only ones that are used for research are the embryos that are going to get destroyed anyway! Kerry made that perfectly clear! Bush still calls it "lost life" or something. I don't remember the exact words he used. Bush just simplifies it down to "oh we're killing usable embryos" but they're already going to be destroyed anyway, so why not use them for something good. It's not like a scientist is going to take someone's potential future baby and then turn it into a lab specimen. Bush needs to be out of office if science is going to keep moving forward.

And damn... abortion- ugh. Don't even get me started on that. Kerry had a damn good answer for it, even though it was definitely prepared in advance of the debate.

I do admire how Bush really seemed to be more alert and responsive this time, but I really don't like how he kept getting impatient and interrupting the moderator. That really shows that he can't keep his cool. That's not a good thing.

To me though, this debate was a lot better fought than the first one, but it also just convinced me even more that we need Bush out of office.

Go Kerry! Keep my old boss out of the White House- I've had enough of Dick and Bush.

Originally posted by Calesta@Oct 9 2004, 05:25 AM
"oh we're killing usable embryos" but they're already going to be destroyed anyway, so why not use them for something good.
[post=400369]Quoted post[/post]​

Yea, like milkshakes.

When I get around to reading the transcripts, I'll post.

One of the questions was "who would you nominate for a Justice if it was needed" Bushes responce was "I would pick someone who would not let their judgement cloud their decision" however, this is the exact way that bush has ran the office. He lets his religion cloud every discission he makes. A am a christian however I don't think religion should be in the government. Bush's stands on stem cell research, gay marrige, and abortion, his religion is a direct factor.

Also, as mike said, he bush has oversimplified EVERYTHING. He states that Kerry was once prolife because he voted agains an abortion bill, however, didn't go into detail about any of the facts. Kerry quickly snapped back telling bush that there were clauses that he didn't agree with, and bills are not as simple as the title (just like the Assult weapon ban has little to do with assult weapons)

wild bill's cousin's away message says it all for me.

Politics is not about power. Politics is not about money. Politics is not about winning for the sake of winning. Politics is about the improvement of people's lives. It's about advancing the cause of peace and justice in our country and in our world. Politics is about doing well for people.

i didn't see this debate, so im not going to comment further than that at this point, like john is doing.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 9 2004, 07:20 PM
wild bill's cousin's away message says it all for me.

Politics is not about power. Politics is not about money. Politics is not about winning for the sake of winning. Politics is about the improvement of people's lives. It's about advancing the cause of peace and justice in our country and in our world. Politics is about doing well for people.

i didn't see this debate, so im not going to comment further than that at this point, like john is doing.
[post=400603]Quoted post[/post]​

wild bills' cousin also needs to take 8th grade english again.

is = singular.
are = plural.

I.E.
what is billys friend doing?
what are billys friends doing?

Originally posted by Calesta@Oct 9 2004, 04:25 AM
And damn... abortion- ugh. Don't even get me started on that. Kerry had a damn good answer for it, even though it was definitely prepared in advance of the debate.
[post=400369]Quoted post[/post]​

can you enlightnen me on this? because if I remember corretly, Kerry dodged the question just as well as Bush did :dunno:

Originally posted by spectacle@Oct 10 2004, 11:01 AM
can you enlightnen me on this? because if I remember corretly, Kerry dodged the question just as well as Bush did :dunno:
[post=400776]Quoted post[/post]​

Actually, he didn't. Kerry said that he is against abortion personally, but that he can't impose his religious beliefs on people who don't subscribe to his religion. Separation of church and state, right? Kerry said that he would choose a Supreme Court Justice who would make decisions without personal bias (no religious or party affiliation influence), while Bush said that he would pick someone who would NOT allow abortion. Simple. I don't think it's the government's right to ban abortion. You can't deny a woman's right to choose, no matter how much you don't like it- and you sure as hell can't impose your religious values on someone else who doesn't give a damn about your religion.

some poeple use abortion as a form of birthcontrol, my teachers was telling us how her friend has had 4 abortions just because she doesnt like condoms/ the pill. theres no way that should be legal

Originally posted by Calesta+Oct 10 2004, 04:27 PM-->
spectacle
@Oct 10 2004, 11:01 AM
[post=400776]Quoted post[/post]​

Actually, he didn't. Kerry said that he is against abortion personally, but that he can't impose his religious beliefs on people who don't subscribe to his religion. Separation of church and state, right? Kerry said that he would choose a Supreme Court Justice who would make decisions without personal bias (no religious or party affiliation influence), while Bush said that he would pick someone who would NOT allow abortion. Simple. I don't think it's the government's right to ban abortion. You can't deny a woman's right to choose, no matter how much you don't like it- and you sure as hell can't impose your religious values on someone else who doesn't give a damn about your religion.
[post=400791]Quoted post[/post]​

hmmmm, survey says....

you are correct sir.

i feel exactly as you feel on abortion. thanks for clearing that up. I think I was still laughing about Bush having wood or something lol

Originally posted by h22bubbleback@Oct 10 2004, 05:14 PM
most critics said Bush won

VOTE NADAR 2004!
[post=400798]Quoted post[/post]​

YOU DO realize voting for Nader is a voting for Bush correct? ok good.

VOTE NADER!!!! lol

Don't even get me started on Fox News, that piece of shit station is so biased. Country bumpkins with shotguns run that channel.

I watched the debate, and bushes rally the following day.

-According To CBS News, Kerry Said "I've Never Changed My Mind About Iraq" But "The Senator May Be The Last Person On Earth Who Believes" That. KERRY: "Let me tell you straight up, I've never changed my mind about Iraq." JIM ACOSTA, CBS CORRESPONDENT: "The Senator may be the last person on Earth who believes he hasn't altered his position on Iraq. Voting to authorize the use of force, then taking a page from Howard Dean saying it was the 'wrong war.'" (CBS' "Early Show," 10/9/04)

http://factcheck.org/

http://www.georgewbush.com/KerryMediaCente...ad.aspx?ID=3857

-"With a straight face, he said, "I have only had one position on Iraq." (Laughter.) "I could barely contain myself. (Laughter.) He must think we've been on another planet.
(Laughter.)"
"In the spring of 2003, as I ordered the invasion of Iraq, Senator Kerry said it was the right decision. Now he says it's the wrong war. And he tries to tell us he's had only one position. He can run, but he cannot hide. "
With another straight face, he tried to tell Americans that when it comes to health care, his health care plan -- and I quote -- "the government has nothing to do with it." Eight out of ten people who get health care under Senator Kerry's plan would be placed on a government program. He can run, but he cannot hide."
There's what Kerry says and then there's what Kerry does.

Ok, The wars already started, but If John Kerry is elected president what does he plan on doing with Iraq? I dont belive he has even mentioned it.
President Bush started this ordeal with Iraq, and he should finish it, as he slates what he wants to do with it. Running a government, and fighting a war, and starting another goverment is a difficult task to perform. President Bush has done this, to the best of his capabilities in my opinion.

There's what Kerry says and then there's what Kerry does
He can run, but he cannot hide
RE ELECT ----BUSH 2004

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3@Oct 11 2004, 12:06 AM
-According To CBS News, Kerry Said "I've Never Changed My Mind About Iraq" But "The Senator May Be The Last Person On Earth Who Believes" That. KERRY: "Let me tell you straight up, I've never changed my mind about Iraq." JIM ACOSTA, CBS CORRESPONDENT: "The Senator may be the last person on Earth who believes he hasn't altered his position on Iraq. Voting to authorize the use of force, then taking a page from Howard Dean saying it was the 'wrong war.'" (CBS' "Early Show," 10/9/04)

Actually, no. Kerry said that he wasn't opposed to us going in there, just that he would have handled things differently. He wanted to make sure everything was ready instead of just heading in straight without proper equipment or planning. That's not changing positions to me. That's just the Bush camp trying to oversimplify again. Saying that you would have done things differently isn't the same as saying that you're against the war.

Ok, The wars already started, but If John Kerry is elected president what does he plan on doing with Iraq? I dont belive he has even mentioned it.
[post=401023]Quoted post[/post]​

Uh, he said pretty damn clearly that he was going to stay the course and finish it, but work with all the other major nations to wrap things up instead of relying on just American power to bring it to a close. I thought that was a pretty concrete statement- and he DID mention it.

HE VOTED AGAINST GIVING THEM THE EQUIPMENT THEY NEEDED
Edit: what nations are you talking about? and how exactly is he going to make them want to help?

How? Who knows. He's not going to be able to spell out a complete plan in 90 seconds of debate time. Which? England and France are two of the major ones that he mentioned.

Voted against? Yet another oversimplification... it's never as simple as yes or no.

Originally posted by FFCiv+Oct 10 2004, 10:13 AM-->
some poeple use abortion as a form of birthcontrol, my teachers was telling us how her friend has had 4 abortions just because she doesnt like condoms/ the pill. theres no way that should be legal
[post=400797]Quoted post[/post]​

You know what? It's not your choice. It's her choice.

spectacle
@Oct 10 2004, 10:50 AM
YOU DO realize voting for Nader is a voting for Bush correct? ok good.
[post=400813]Quoted post[/post]​

Once again, this pisses me off. Voting for Nader (or any other non-Republicrat candidate) is exactly what it sounds like - not voting for those two complete idiots that are running right now. It pisses me off, because you and all the other people who say that assume that if I weren't going to vote for a third party, I'm going to vote for Kerry. I tend to lean toward the Republican side of things. If anyone except Bush were running under the Republican ticket, I'd be voting for him just to make sure that piece of shit Kerry doesn't get into the White House.

Back