Decisions Decisions...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

D-Boy

Okay i have a little problome here.

I've got 6,000 and i need to buy a car so im looking at older accords 90-93 and im planning on swaping the engine out for something better.
I need to know what engine i should get thats in my budget becouse i want to have enough for the engine and some preformance parts. I have heard good things about the h23 and h22 but i want something with just a little bit more of a kick

maybe he likes Accords...........not that unusual. :shrug2:

i guess only an accord owner would chime in on defense of my comment.

if it was explained like well im looking for a car to tote my kids around and grocerys but still be mad jdm cool without having to shift gears i could understand going with an h22 in an accord.

it has nothing to do with being jdm. i didnt put my h22 in my accord thinking oooohhhh sssshhhiiiiitttttt how jdm am i. i dont give to shits about "wanting to be jdm" and im gonna bet neigher does he because if he did he would buy a right hand drive intergra. now that shittttt is JJJDDDDMMMMM. :blink:

now for your set up...heck yes the 90-93 accords are much lighter than my heavy ass 94 so that would be a good starting point. you could swap out the f22 with the h22 or just leave the f22 bottom end in it and buy an h22 head. your compression would be crazy low. like at 8.3-.4. however that is great for boost. so you could have a pretty quick car for 6000 bucks. because for the cost of the h22 swap you could spend a few more hunderd dollars and have a lot more power

like i said only accord owners chime in, i would like to hear the goals for the build then we can decide.

its different when you already have a car you are stuck with then having a budget to go out get whatever you can do the best with.

I drive an Avalanche, loaded. It has four doors. Accords are four doors, and four doors are nice when you have friends or family. Accords were also built a little bit more for comfort.

To each their own. I like civics, preludes, accords, and pretty much anything that has a motor and wheels. I'll rides wheelies on the lawnmower if you wanna come hang at my house. I needed a motor for my first Accord, since the old one was shot. I bought what I thought would be fun. 200 hp is fun, period.

Quoted post[/post]]
I drive an Avalanche, loaded. It has four doors. Accords are four doors, and four doors are nice when you have friends or family. Accords were also built a little bit more for comfort.

To each their own. I like civics, preludes, accords, and pretty much anything that has a motor and wheels. I'll rides wheelies on the lawnmower if you wanna come hang at my house. I needed a motor for my first Accord, since the old one was shot. I bought what I thought would be fun. 200 hp is fun, period.

:werd: any way you slice it, an accord is roomier than a civic, and sometimes that's nice. also, you could get an accord coupe if you wanted to.

also, my oldest bro used to pop wheelies on our lawnmower. it was funny.

Back