Degreeing Crower 403 Cams B18B1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94CivicSlow

Does anyone have any experience degreeing cams on a B series??
.. I can install the cams but am completely lost on degreeing them. I have a spec sheet I can scan to show you guys. I have no idea how to degree these, I dont have a degree wheel.

Everyone told me I can just drop them in and go. Anyone done this before???

:ph34r:
Thanks

Originally posted by 94CivicSlow@Jan 31 2005, 07:58 PM
Does anyone have any experience degreeing cams on a B series??
.. I can install the cams but am completely lost on degreeing them. I have a spec sheet I can scan to show you guys. I have no idea how to degree these, I dont have a degree wheel.

Everyone told me I can just drop them in and go. Anyone done this before???

:ph34r:
Thanks
[post=454240]Quoted post[/post]​

That is true you can just drop them in and go but its not what I would do. I have a B18B1 and I have the Crower 403s but when you put them in you shoud get some dual valve springs and the titanium retainers, also you will want to get adjustable cam gears so you can adjust the degrees.

Im 100% well aware that I need adj. cam gears and valve springs and retainers..

BUT HOW DO I KNOW HOW TO ADJUST THE CAM GEARS?? OBviously I know physically how to adjust them but how do I know where to set them?!?!

:withstupid:

unless there is a specific setting recommended by the manufacturer you should really be tuning it on a dyno
any dyno will know exactly what to do
but anyway, there are little hatch marks on the cam gears you measure off of those (lower end cam gears marks are WAY the fuck off.... yes even skunk2... so once again i recommend doing this on a dyno with the help of an experienced tuner)

werd- dyno is the best way... but crower ships each cam with a degree sheet.. perhaps their website would have th einfo you're looking for.

They did ship it with a degree sheet, I just dont understand it. I guess I will have to F*** with it on the dyno

The degree sheet tells you when the cams open and close, not where to dial the cams to...

Each engine is slightly different, that's why you need to dyno your engine, then adjust the cams accordingly. Factors such as below can alter the cam and it's effect on your engine...

Original cam cut
Head milling
Port & Polished head
Block decking
Piston compression
Stroke
Exhaust

and etc, etc, etc........

This is why the cams need to be dialed in on a dyno for best results.

Back