del slo eg conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

austinkli

The Blackberry Dude
ok guys, i know others have asked this before, I already know that most of this is going to be custom work, some people are going to tell me that this is a stupid idea, but i don't really care because those people aren't driving it. I have a 92 eg right now and I'm buying a del sol, i want to do a front end conversion and put my eg front end on the sol. like thisb
egfrontdelsol.jpg

i'm not worried about any rear conversion, i'm going to keep it all the sol look. probably put a rear lip kit on the back and put a mugen lip on the front. I know most of this is custom work and there is no real conversion kit for this, does anyone know where i can find a write up on what to do. i'm just going to keep the d15b that comes in the sol so i don't think i'll need anything really in that respect, i've been told the radiator presents a problem, but that's pretty easy to handle. i need some kind of a write up and everytime i search all i find is other people asking the same stuff. any suggestions, anyone know a link that can help.

wow they might as well just put eg front ends on del sols and del sol front ends on egs. i saw a eg with a del sol front end on it and it was the most amazing thing ever. im trying to convince my friend to put the del sol fornt end on his eg. i dont know how hard it is but i definatly give you mad props for doing this because thats how it should have been done in the first place. good luck man

having owned an EG with a crappy conversion, I can tell you some about the job ahead of you.

if you have both cars together, side by side, look for whats different, like the upper radiator support, headlight buckets and hood latch, and where your fender lines up with the door.

then do a whole lot of measuring and test fitting before you even think about welding anything, if you want it to turn out bad ass like your pic, it will mainly take a whole lot of patience and time.

best wishes on your project, if it turns out like the silver one it rawks, start thread and if you get hung up ask for advice.

Back