del sol b18c

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rrz69

im putting a b18c1 in my 94 si del sol. what i know is i dont need to wire up v tec cuz i already got it, i know i need to wire up the iab and also have to run a lil more wire for the knock sensor. is there anything else i might be forgetting ?? also do the gsr motors use a injector resistor box? because i know with h22 swap u have to becuase there saturated and over time it with eventually burn up the ecu is that the same for the gsr motor? and does anyone have any idea what axels i might have to use.? i dont wanna use like hasport or anything like that there expensive. and also about the motor mounts. i know i can reuse my driver side mount but what about the other ones any combo that would work.? also any idea about the shift linkage? i got a swap book called honda swaps by aaron bonk but it does not give u in depth ansewers. so any answers would help me out alot thanks.

Um, did you just skim that chapter, or what? I have that book also. I just looked at it, and found answers for almost every question you asked. The mounts, the linkage, and the axles are all covered. Check out pages 72-74 for that information.

The only thing that's not covered is the resistor box, and since it's not mentioned, I'm guessing it's not something you really need to worry about.

thanks ....from what is says its clear can reuse the driver side mount from my del sol, the rear braket i need from a 94 - 01 integra,and the top trans bracket can be reused from my sol. now as far as the front trans bracket goes do the b18b come with from trans brackets?? im assuming when they talk about 94-01 integra they are including the ls which has a b18b but im not sure if they have a front trans bracket. and there are many disputes about shift linkage. how gsr linkage is to long and it has to be cut down to size. and the book doesnt mention anything about this. they just say dont use the dohc del sol linkage. so will the gsr actually fit without any fab? and the same with the axels ? the book just says to use the reg axels and shift linkage would work, has anyone did the swap and found that they didnt work?? if so what was you solution besides fab ?

Back