Del Sol, Civic, Or Prelude

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Del Sol's r bunk

Civics are great for the drag, but i think there kinda played out. I was wanting to get an SI myself but i didnt want to be just another dude w/ a civic. Plus SI's r hella expensive.

Im all about Prelude i think there phat.

Originally posted by BallinPrelude@Feb 15 2003, 01:09 PM
Del Sol's r bunk

Please expand on your reasoning. Other than weight set backs, sols kick ass. You never see them on the road (at least here in ford courntry USA aka michigan), they are convertibles for the summer, hard tops for the winter, and have kick ass styling.

AFIpunk - Drive a civic with an h22 before you say it is a bad daily driver...

The H22 civic hatch would be the best choice for a drag car and a haul ass daily driver. My ex-co-worker has one, and it screams, and he takes turns in that thing harder than i take them in my mostly stock 4th gen hatch.

:werd:
if it'll smog fine in a prelude it will smog fine in a civic .... just make sure all the emissions shit is there

If you want style, and a car thats a blast get the sol. if you have a kids and a family get the civic.
ppl can argue all they want but civics are a dime a dozen.

your better off gettin a delsol cause everyone and theer grandmother has a hatch...and by the way hatchbacks are only 70IBS lighter then a delsol witch isnt shit when u have a gsr

Man, if you wanna look like a little girl driving, get a del sol. I hate the look of those cars, imho. Get a prelude with the h22a, and you will def. have a lot of fun in it. They are tight lookin, they got room, and they are fast as hell.

Im all about the ludes.

My car totally stock with the spare and jack(23lbs) out and a 1/4 tank of gas weighed 2318lbs and ran a 15.1@93mph i personally have never seen a 99-00 SI weighing in the 2300's or run any better than 15.4's.Sol's dessimate GSR's also in the 1/4.

The del sol is more than stiff enough it is only like 15-20% less torsionally rigid than a 99-00SI and the stiffness of cars increase by large %'s every year so if the sol ain't stiff enough then an old hatch isn't either.

You also don't need a swap with a del sol you get the B16 stock if you get the del sol VTEC.

The last gen preludes in my opinion are one of the best looking cars on the road also and i've seen one run 14.8@95mph at the track w/ just a CAI, but just remember if you get the civic there's many thousands just like it no matter what you do to it.

Originally posted by sicsol2000@Mar 7 2003, 12:26 PM
You also don't need a swap with a del sol you get the B16 stock if you get the del sol VTEC.

The last gen preludes in my opinion are one of the best looking cars on the road also and i've seen one run 14.8@95mph at the track w/ just a CAI, but just remember if you get the civic there's many thousands just like it no matter what you do to it.

You car can run 15.1 in cali or wherever, but run 20 in denver. Your times mean nothing considering we all live in different areas.

You have a better chance of Saddam disarming then finding a Del Sol VTEC. The only 2 Del Sol VTEC's I have seen here were auto and were forsale for 8k and 10k. Both with around 120k on them.

I think the 3rd gen ludes are some of the nicest cars on the road. SiSteve has a purdy one!

14.8 with just CAI? Depends where you live. They run 16.5 or so here, stock. (200feet above sealevel)

Dude, If you are looking for a car that needs speed and mild cornering abilites, get a lude with a H22 in it. If not get the Sol and put a B18b in it and turbo the thing.

Peace*

how about this- GET WHAT YOU WANT.

fuck what everyone else thinks.

vut i agree wtih hexen. buy cheap if you plan to swap. 20k cars don't make good project cars. 3k ones do.

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Mar 7 2003, 10:41 AM
You car can run 15.1 in cali or wherever, but run 20 in denver. Your times mean nothing considering we all live in different areas.

I think the 3rd gen ludes are some of the nicest cars on the road. SiSteve has a purdy one!

I run a low 16 here in Denver (badly tuned), and that's considered a decent time.

And sisteve owns a 4th gen. :p :D

Okay.. its the 4th gens i like then.. i dont know much about ludes, but i like the 93-96 ones damnit!

Here is one i just found, new listing here in Okla

Del Sol VTEC

I cant find the Samba Green VTEC auto Del Sol that was on the autotrader site here in Tulsa, OK. It was green, almost the color of Adam's and Nick's, said b16a3, and was auto. :)

get a 95 style prelude vtec, 15.1 stock. yeah all these other setups are great but the prelude is one of the best cars i have ever owned or driven and gives you that sports car feel that the civic lacks. with this setup you already have a solid motor in car that it belongs in.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 7 2003, 10:20 AM
how about this- GET WHAT YOU WANT.

fuck what everyone else thinks.

vut i agree wtih hexen. buy cheap if you plan to swap. 20k cars don't make good project cars. 3k ones do.

I totally agree with PISSEDOFFSOL on this one.

I live in Albany NY so i run at Lebanon Valley Dragway or Englishtown,NJ so conditions here are very good for racing.My buddies wife ran a 15.7 at the Valley in base model RSX.

del Sol VTEC's do not come in auto's no matter what you see in the auto trader. That happened to me many times when looking for my car they would advertise it as a VTEC model and it would be an SI with SOHC VTEC engine.If you still think you saw a an auto call Honda and ask or go on KBB.com and look up a del sol VTEC.There are less than 50,000 del sol VTEC's total in NA.

I paid $12,500 for my 97' Milano red del Sol VTEC with 42,000 miles on it one owner and it's Honda Certified until 2004 or 100K and it was worth every penny it's much more worth it to get a car with a DOHC VTEC in it already like Prelude VTEC's, del Sol VTEC's, or GSR's swap's are a pain in the ass and unless you spend a lot of cash the car is still not the same as the real thing.
Taking a base model sol and swapping a B16 into it does't make it a del sol VTEC.

Originally posted by sicsol2000@Mar 8 2003, 12:49 PM
That happened to me many times when looking for my car they would advertise it as a VTEC model and it would be an SI with SOHC VTEC engine.

I paid $12,500 for my 97' Milano red del Sol VTEC with 42,000 miles on it one owner and it's Honda Certified until 2004 or 100K and it was worth every penny it's much more worth it to get a car with a DOHC VTEC in it already like Prelude VTEC's, del Sol VTEC's, or GSR's swap's are a pain in the ass and unless you spend a lot of cash the car is still not the same as the real thing.
Taking a base model sol and swapping a B16 into it does't make it a del sol VTEC.

That's what I figured, some of those sol's you guys listed are either a sohc vtec or have had swaps. The fact that you actually paid 12k for a sol vtec is amazing. But the fact is that when you buy a honda, for like 2-3k, swapping a motor does make it better. And replacing a D series with a B series. Here is an article where a South African gorilla actually completed the swap himself in only a weekend http://www.cnn.msnbc.article.SA.yuratard.com
Just kidding, but I'm sure it's been done before. The fact is peforming a motor swap does make the car better. Replacing the factory springs and struts does make a car better. That's why we do what we do, were given cars that are overall can barely pass a semi, and cant take a turn at over 40mph without understeer.
As for the topic, 5th gen sumthin.

Back