Del sol Conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nselec9552

I have 2 del sols, an automatic and a stick, stick had a junk frame so i decided to convert the auto to a stick. After getting everything mechanically converted over i ran into many electrical nightmares. Right now it will not start or even crank over. I was told by several experienced mechanics i work with i cen completely eliminate the clutch switch and starter kill relay, ( the relay that makes you push the clutch peddle in to start) Well i checked continuity from the ignition switch all the way to the starter solenoid, checked out fine. Pin C1 on the ECU is a direct feed from a fuse, so ECU should be hot. When i turn key to second position check engine light does not come on, as if the ECU is dead, I know this ECU is good because before i took it out of the other car alon with the engine i cranked the engine over but didnt start because fuel rail bolts were missing so it was building no fuel pressure. Anyone have any ideas? Im pretty sure the problem is completely electrical

did u use the ecu out of the automatic or did u swap the ecu out of the manual? bc if u kept the auto ecu in there and converted it all to manual without swapping the ecu then it wont run. and put the fuel rail bolts in pls. thanks.

Back