del sol --- d16 boost vs b18 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ashitaka_Hamana

Ok this question has come up quite often but imma lay it out for you guys :p .

I previously wanted to boost sol because i've seen some nice turbo 1/4 mile times, and it was cheaper...but overtime seeing more and more people and their turbo they have some pretty nasty setups, meaning they have their WHOLE engine rebuilt and they are running crazy fuel and all this when i just wanted to boost greddy and be done...but people told me that to get into 14'z greddy kit even w/ bov, and intercooler wont get me into 14'z...but when i talk to even turbo peepz they say if u want simple go swap...and considering my car weighs the same as a 92-95 civic and u put a stock b18 c1 or jdm spec on my car it should be reasonably fast....but then again i still get that turbo as better 1/4 mile times even if low boost...but i think that to get the turbo fast i need to bump that boost and rebuild motor but im simple...i want drop put some bolt ons (i/h/e) and be done...

Let me know what u guyz think...thx :worthy:

either option will get you 14s

the B series will have more potential in the long run

and D series parts (tranny, etc) are weak and like to break when you put power to them

The b18c1 is unbeliveable when it comes to the change in power compaired to the d16z6. you actually have trq when you want it, are pretty fast with nothing done to them, and if you ever want to go turbo with one of them, your going to see much bigger gains then with a d16z6.

Basic fact is the trannys suck on the d's.

Back