del sol exhaust

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolPWR

I have a question about RS-R, are they good exhausts? what is the advantage of the GTII compared to the street? also on their web site they do not list an exhaust for a del sol so is there one cause i think i remember someone on here saying they had one.

also thoughts about:
greddy exhaust
bosal/brospeed
pacesetter
tanabe

these are all in my price range i want good hp and torque but not ghey loud ass noise.

RS*R is the best street exhaust system period IMO. It looks almost identical to stock, sounds just a tad louder but still way below typical ricer levels. Most people would not even notice it. The only down side to it is that it's a chamber design. Chambers are the most restrictive, however, I heard that the RSR is still good about gains.

As far as I know, they do not make the street system for the sol, so you have to buy the one for the EG and cut off about 3 inches off it. I have emailed RSR USA about making a system for he sol and they said that one was in the works and would be availbale by the end of the month (this was like 3 months ago) I may have to do the moded EG way.

As for exhausts, the exhaust's that are the least restrictive and the quiest are twin loop designs. However, currently, there are only 2 reputable manufactures right now and they are hytech and Mugen. If you go mugen, you will have to get the axle back for the EG then find the rest from some other manufacture. As for the hytech, I am pretty sure that they only have if for the teg, and both barnds are uber expensive.

Straight throughs are also very non restrictive, however, are normally much louder.

As for your list, paseshitter blows. Pills_PMD had one for his sol and he said it fell apart real fast.

what about piping? Is the pacesetter piping decent just the muufler blows? I was just wonder what makes an exhaust system good. muufler or overall piping?

piping diamiter, qualitiy of bends, muffler. It all comes into effect. That is why my system sucks right now. I have a Thermal muffler with a muffler shop crush bend piping job and it sucks. It sounds like ass, gives me like no extra power (at least from the butt dyno) however, I did notise that my car had alot less pull at my old crusing speeds (40 in 4th was ok with my stock exhaust, but once i put the cat back on, 4th could not hold that speed so now I have to do 40 in 3rd)

*edit* It also has to do with your mods and what you want out of it. If your going to do road racing and your not worried about keeping the cops away because this is your trailor queen and you have a NA enigne pumping out 250 hp, get a nice straight through or the hytech system (many tracks do have noise limits) If your going turbo, get a good 3 inch system. I would say that for the street, get a chamber or twin loop design. I am so sick of my super annoying droan on the highway.

i have the option to get the piping from a friend that was on his car but he crashed it and has parts for sale. The piping looks fine, its mandrel bent but its not stainless steel. no rust on it anywhere. painted black. it fits my sol but should i get it hes giving it away for like $60 all i need is a muffler but i want ot know if this would be good. oh yeah its 2.25". Thanx for the help!!!

I didn't read pacesetter than much but to be honest don't include pacesetter and RSR in the same topic, RER is a great street exhaust, period.

Milan

Back