Del Sol GSR Shopping List

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18c1civic97

A couple of months ago me and my friend put a b16 into a crx and we did it halfass and didn't know everything we needed, so prior to buying the motor, I want to have all the parts necessary to make the swap as painless as possible. I want the best quality parts in your opinion because it will later in its life be a boosted gsr del sol. The car is basic, its a 1994 Del Sol S, 5 speed. I know I need motor mounts and shift linkage, but I need opinions of brands that people have used that were good. Also the wiring, can I use this wiring without modifying the car much, or is there another vehicle's wiring which will work better. This list will help me plan out the best way to start preparing the car for more power. Thanks in advance.

mounts = hasport (badass ... dont bother with anything else)

linkage = del sol VTEC (only one that works)

wiring = if its a USDM GSR use its harness if not you can modify yours to work (you will still need to run a few wires between the ECU and shock towers though)

thanks, if I get a jdm gsr front clip, technically as long as the harness isn't touched, I could use it without adding any wires right? Just making sure, because I hated the wiring in the crx, partly because my friend chopped up most of the wires, but still. Trying to make the swap be the most reliable it can be.

:no:

a JDM car has the ECU on the opposite side as a USDM car
so the engine harness will be backwards

also, bear in mind that the harness only runs the wires as far as it goes- to the shock tower. you will still have to run from the shock tower to the ecu, the iab and knock sensor wires, along with the vtec wires.

see our articles -> swap articles -> obd1 wiring guide article

Back