Del sol Tranny and motor swap? Need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rlazier07

Hey, Last year I bought a 1993 Honda Del Sol Si, with an auto tranny and the d16z6 motor. They have both worked really well for me but I would like to add some power to this car, so it doesn't just look fast and doesn't crap out so badly on hills. I would like to do a motor and tranny swap but I was wondering what type of fabrication is needed to swap a new tranny in (as in, do i have to cut into the floorboards to put the transmission in or what else do I have to cut). I'm not a beginner at working on cars just at auto to 5-speed swaps and could use some help. Also, if the 5 speed swap is going to be to expensive is there a way to swap a b-series auto and engine into a d-series engine bay? Oh and I know to swap in a 5-speed I know i need the slave cylinder pedals and all in order it to work properly, but what exactly do I need and where can I find good prices on it or where can i get a junk del sol to swap parts from? I know I seem very incoherent I just like to know exactly what I'm doing before I start getting into these big jobs. Thanks

Here in a week or so, I will have a pedal assy from a 94 Teg. I should be able to preserve the resevoir and lines as well.

I'm not a Honda expert, by any means. But if you can do your own research and find out if they're compatible, I'll have these up for sale soon.

SEARCH!!! A B series engine swaps directly into a Sol. Need engine/tranny, shiftlinkage, ecu and axles. Possibly new mounts, and if you get a manual you will need all the clutch lines, pedals and I believe you have to get a different rear tranny mount but im not 100% sure ont he mount issues

Thanks for the posts guys, I have been searching all over in fact...I've been to just about every site there is to by jdm engines and parts. However, I figured why not ask the people who have done it before. I realize there are already soem posts like this one on this site, but they are so broken down it is hard to decifer and most of them do not have to deal with del sol's. Life is a whole lot easier when you can get car specific instructions instead of general honda ideas. Thanks again...

Back